Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B Visa extension with L1B blanket petition

Hi,

I am on L1B Visa in USA. I was stamped the L1B visa on a L1B blanket petition.
    To extend my visa ->
    A) Considering present extension and L1B stamping rejections, should my employer file an L1B Individual Petition?
    B) If my employer decide to file L1B blanket petition, do I get a new I797 with name of employer on it (w/o my name as in case of blanket petitions)?
    C) If my employer decide to go with L1B blanket petition and if they already have a valid L1B blanket petition, should they be filing only I94 extension for me?
    D) Consider answer to question C as "Yes", What is process to get the visa stamped?
    D1) Is it same as that of stamping L1B visa on a blanket petition first time?

Thanks,
    Amu

Originally posted by amune View Post
    Hi,

I am on L1B Visa in USA. I was stamped the L1B visa on a L1B blanket petition.
    To extend my visa ->
    A) Considering present extension and L1B stamping rejections, should my employer file an L1B Individual Petition?
    B) If my employer decide to file L1B blanket petition, do I get a new I797 with name of employer on it (w/o my name as in case of blanket petitions)?
    C) If my employer decide to go with L1B blanket petition and if they already have a valid L1B blanket petition, should they be filing only I94 extension for me?
    D) Consider answer to question C as "Yes", What is process to get the visa stamped?
    D1) Is it same as that of stamping L1B visa on a blanket petition first time?

Thanks,
    Amu
    Visa,petition, and I94 are three different things.
    You can't get visa extended while in US. New visa stamping happens only at a consulate outside US. What one files while in USis extension of status request. That is, one request for an extended I94 to continue staying in US without the need of traveling out in order to get a new i94. This is again subject to USCIS approval. While requesting I94 extension, for Work visa such as L1, H1, one needs to file a new I129 too.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X