Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1A - stamping 221g Pink Slip, Passport retained

Hello,
    Have attended my visa interview today. Interview went well - basic questions and the person told me that my visa is approved but i need to go for additional admin processing.
    They have retained my passport and said it will take 4 to 8 weeks.
    1. Anyone else faced this in recent times?
    2. How long has it taken for you?
    3. If the office has said 'Visa approved' - is there a chance that i still wont get the visa?

My interview was in Chennai.

Hi,

I attended the interview at Chennai consulate on 9th May 2013 for L1A blanket.

Interview was okay, he (indian VO) insisted and asked many questions on US org chart etc. He said you qualify for visa but additional administrative processing is needed, please go to Window 31. I went there, another indian lady asked about my previous employment details, siblings, my height and retained passport, i129 and 797 forms. I asked her whether the visa is approved, she said it requires additional processing and no specified timelines were told.

I am on same boat. Have you got any update about your visa. ?

Rgds.

Comment

Hi Guys,

Any update what happened with your L1A VIsa? Anybody has gone latest for interview in chennai for L1A? What are the questions asked?

Comment

L1A Rejected on 16th May

Originally posted by visahelp1234 View Post
        Hi Guys,

Any update what happened with your L1A VIsa? Anybody has gone latest for interview in chennai for L1A? What are the questions asked?
        Hi All,

I got L1A denied last week. Below are the questions asked for me.

1. Who is your client?
        2. What is the Indian salary/US Salary?
        3. No of people reporting to you? - 27
        4. No of people in US?..I said 4
        5. Reporting Manager in US?
        6. How long you are working with current company?

Pls let us know what could be the reason?? anyone recently applied? what could be my next steps??

Thanks,
        Ramesh

Comment

Some data points for Chennai 221(g) cases

Originally posted by Andy Delhi View Post
          Hi,

I attended the interview at Chennai consulate on 9th May 2013 for L1A blanket.

Interview was okay, he (indian VO) insisted and asked many questions on US org chart etc. He said you qualify for visa but additional administrative processing is needed, please go to Window 31. I went there, another indian lady asked about my previous employment details, siblings, my height and retained passport, i129 and 797 forms. I asked her whether the visa is approved, she said it requires additional processing and no specified timelines were told.

I am on same boat. Have you got any update about your visa. ?

Rgds.

I'm in the same boat as yours. Got 221(g) pink slip on 22nd May and they have retained my passport. From then till now have been compiling data on 221(g) cases with special emphsis on average processing time, Cases cleared during recent moths, longest running case etc.

Good news is that the processing time has reduced considerably from what it was last year and there are more cases cleared per month as compared to last year. Attached is the file showing day-by-day clearances for May.

Click image for larger version

Name:	221(g) - Clearances for May.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	590496

Bottomline: After running all the analytics on almost all the avaliable cases for last year, the processing time has reduced "in general".

If you have any specific question regarding how may people have already been cleared on the day your 221(g) slip was given, send to me your receipt number.

Disclaimer: All of the above is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

L1A - Denied

Originally posted by mramesh4 View Post
            Hi All,

I got L1A denied last week. Below are the questions asked for me.

1. Who is your client?
            2. What is the Indian salary/US Salary?
            3. No of people reporting to you? - 27
            4. No of people in US?..I said 4
            5. Reporting Manager in US?
            6. How long you are working with current company?

Pls let us know what could be the reason?? anyone recently applied? what could be my next steps??

Thanks,
            Ramesh
            Hi Ramesh,

The L1A are typically denied for insuffient evidence of manegerial/executive capacity. It may be evident from low salary, reportees not of professional capacity, job responsibilities of managing day to day operational aspects of creation of products or services. Typically none of these should be true and an L1A applicant must have responsibilities wider than just managing day-to-day operations and should have the discretionaly authority to hire and and must work without much oversight from higher-ups.

I know of a colleague of mine who was also rejected for L1A and the comment the VO had was that there are 100s of people with such role in an organization adding that he must apply in right category.

I went for L1A Blanket and though the VO approved my L1A, my name hit some database and currently on 221(g) pink slip ;(
            The VO asked pretty much the same questions.

Disclaimer: All of the above is my opinion not legal advice.

Regards,
            snbtcca

Comment

Some more stats - 221(g) clearance for Chennai Consulate

March 2013:
              Total 221(g) slips given - 539;
              Cleared to "ISSUED" till date - 306;
              Average Processing Time - 24 Days;

April 2013:
              Total 221(g) slips given - 747;
              Cleared to "ISSUED" till date - 264;
              Average Processing Time - 22 Days

May 2013:
              Total 221(g) slips given - 651;
              Cleared to ISSUED till date - 13;
              Average Processing Time - 8 Days

Looking at the trend, we could guess that many of the 221(g) cases applied during April/first week of May should be cleared by next week.

Disclaimer: The above analysis is based on my understanding and do not represent any official data whatsoever. The above analysis may not be used for any legal purpose.

Comment

Are all these from first time stamping? Or had petition approved and got pink slip during India vacation stamping

Comment

221(g) - Issued on 31st May

Originally posted by AVV View Post
                  Are all these from first time stamping? Or had petition approved and got pink slip during India vacation stamping

These are for all the stamping records they have on their website irrespective of whether it is first time or vacation. The Consulate based/Washington based 221(g) AAP doesn't differentiate between 1st time/vacation based stamping. If they need some documentary evidence, fact check, verification, name check, they will do it anyways.

For records:

31st May:

26 Visas Issued -> 1 pending since Aug 2012; 2 since March 2013; 20 since April 2013; 3 since May 2013

Regards,
                  snbtcca

Comment

Do we have same record of Mumbai consulate for L1A individual stamping?

Comment

Originally posted by snbtcca View Post
                      For records:

31st May:

26 Visas Issued -> 1 pending since Aug 2012; 2 since March 2013; 20 since April 2013; 3 since May 2013

Regards,
                      snbtcca
                      For records:

on 3rd June:

29 Visas Issued -> 1 pending since 22nd Feb 2013; 19 pending since April (22nd*1, 23rd*3, 25th*2, 26th*5, 29th*6, 30th*2) 2013; 9 pending since May (1st*1, 6*2, 16th*1) 2013;

Looking at the trends, it is apparent that the current moving clearance lot contains 221(g) cases assigned 5-6 weeks back.

Regards,
                      snbtcca

Comment

Hi,

I have not yet got any update. I attended the interview on 9th May and the case is still being shown under administrative processing.

Regards.

Comment

L1A - stamping 221g Pink Slip, Passport retained

Originally posted by Andy Delhi View Post
                          Hi,

I have not yet got any update. I attended the interview on 9th May and the case is still being shown under administrative processing.

Regards.
                          Hi Andy,

Going by the way 221(g) cases are being cleared, the lot of 9th May should be updated in 1-2 weeks.

Regards,
                          snbtcca

Disclaimer: Statements made by me are based on just my analysis of all the cases assigned 221(g) since January 2013 and do not represent any official guidelines. Use the same on your own discretion.

Comment

221(g) ckeared on 5th June - Chennai Consulate

For records:

on 3rd June:

29 Visas Issued -> 1 pending since 22nd Feb 2013; 19 pending since April (22nd*1, 23rd*3, 25th*2, 26th*5, 29th*6, 30th*2) 2013; 9 pending since May (1st*1, 6*2, 16th*1) 2013;

Looking at the trends, it is apparent that the current moving clearance lot contains 221(g) cases assigned 5-6 weeks back.

Regards,
                            snbtcca
                            On 5th June:

55 Visas Issued from Pending status -> 1 pending since 5th March 2013; 15 pending since April (23rd*1, 25th*1, 26th*4, 29th*2, 30th*7) 2013; 39 pending since May (1st*2, 2nd*10, 3rd*13, 6th*10, 7th*1, 22nd*1, 24th*2 ) 2013;

Good news is that today is the record for 221(g) clearances for the time period of my analysis. A total of 55 ISSUED . So, the processing lot has moved to 6th of May.

All the Best to people who were handed over the 221(g) between 6th and 13th May at Chennai. Majority should clear in no later than a weeks time.

Regards,
                            snbtcca

Disclaimer: Statements made by me are based on just my analysis of all the cases assigned 221(g) since January 2013 and do not represent any official guidelines. Use the same on your own discretion.

- - - Updated - - -

For records:

on 3rd June:

Regards,
                            snbtcca
                            On 5th June:

55 Visas Issued from Pending status -> 1 pending since 5th March 2013; 15 pending since April (23rd*1, 25th*1, 26th*4, 29th*2, 30th*7) 2013; 39 pending since May (1st*2, 2nd*10, 3rd*13, 6th*10, 7th*1, 22nd*1, 24th*2 ) 2013;

Good news is that today is the record for 221(g) clearances for the time period of my analysis. A total of 55 ISSUED . So, the processing lot has moved to 6th of May.

All the Best to people who were handed over the 221(g) between 6th and 13th May at Chennai. Majority should clear in no later than a weeks time.

Regards,
                            snbtcca

Comment

L1-B balnket visa under AP Islamabad embassy

Hi everyone,

I am from pakistan , i had my L1-b blanket visa interview in islamabad embassy with my spouse and daugter the VO signed my I-129s forms and asked to show when you land in US, after that said your case needs additional adminstrative processing its been 6 weeks now there is no update on website from the day of my interview called DOS many time but same ans its under AP.

Can you please tell if the AP for L1 visa are processed earlier then other as i haveheard case of immigrant visa applicants waiting for even years to get over their AP in pakistan.
                              they have not asked for any documentt from me please your vaulabe information is needed as ia m getting very deperessed by each day passing.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X