L2 Dependant visa - Applying alone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L2 Dependant visa - Applying alone

My husband and I work as part of the same organization . He is a valid visa holder ( L1 till 2015) . He travelled to US on a short term basis and is now being offered a long term role ( similar to the short term role) . My company has agreed to initiate my L2 since this time its a long term requirement. Please help me with the below

1) Is there an issue now that I am applying separately ? can i tell them that it was my company's discretion not to proceed with my L2
    2) is there any issue since both of us work for the same organization?
    3) I am planning to join my company in US after getting my EAD ? Can I tell the VO that I am looking for a job or should i say that I am on a sabbatical ?
    4) could you kindly redirect me to any forum where there are discussions around L2 interviews who have applied later than the principal applicant.

Thanks so much for your help in advance ..

Originally posted by anakal View Post
    My husband and I work as part of the same organization . He is a valid visa holder ( L1 till 2015) . He travelled to US on a short term basis and is now being offered a long term role ( similar to the short term role) . My company has agreed to initiate my L2 since this time its a long term requirement. Please help me with the below

1) Is there an issue now that I am applying separately ? can i tell them that it was my company's discretion not to proceed with my L2 -- No problem. In fact it is your own application.
    2) is there any issue since both of us work for the same organization? -- No problem.
    3) I am planning to join my company in US after getting my EAD ? Can I tell the VO that I am looking for a job or should i say that I am on a sabbatical ? -- The truth.
    4) could you kindly redirect me to any forum where there are discussions around L2 interviews who have applied later than the principal applicant. -- That's okay, it makes no difference.

Thanks so much for your help in advance ..
    See above.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks so much for your help .. I have my visa interview next week . Hopefully it works out

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X