Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maxmium time between L1 RFE documents submission and Decision by USCIS

Hi,

My L1B Visa expired on Feb 1st 2013, I have filed L1B Visa extension on Jan 15th 2013, received RFE in which it was mentioned that I should respond before April 11th 2013 but we have responded on Feb 18th 2013. Still my Case status shows 'Initial Review'. May I know what is maximum possible time for RFE response review and decision?
    Knowing this is very important to me considering my family issues as I have to travel to my home country.

I hear different versions of this answer - 60 days and 90 days. May I know which is correct?
    Also is this 60/90 days period starts from day I responded to RFE (i.e. Feb 18th 2013) or from my deadline for RFE documents submission (April 11th 2013)?

Appreciate your response.

Thanks!

Regards
    Vasu
    Last edited by vasu278; 04-06-2013, 02:00 PM.

Originally posted by vasu278 View Post
    Hi,

My L1B Visa expired on Feb 1st 2013, I have filed L1B Visa extension on Jan 15th 2013, received RFE in which it was mentioned that I should respond before April 11th 2013 but we have responded on Feb 18th 2013. Still my Case status shows 'Initial Review'. May I know what is maximum possible time for RFE response review and decision?
    Knowing this is very important to me considering my family issues as I have to travel to my home country.

I hear different versions of this answer - 60 days and 90 days. May I know which is correct?
    Also is this 60/90 days period starts from day I responded to RFE (i.e. Feb 18th 2013) or from my deadline for RFE documents submission (April 11th 2013)?
    The USCIS generally takes approx 1 month to approve or deny L-1 petitions. However, considering the DREAM Act burden on the adjudicators, give them a bit more time. And don't trust the online case tracker.

Comment

Originally posted by nicoeppersma View Post
      The USCIS generally takes approx 1 month to approve or deny L-1 petitions. However, considering the DREAM Act burden on the adjudicators, give them a bit more time. And don't trust the online case tracker.
      finally....my case has been updated on 04/12/2013 that 15 days premium processing has started today.... thanks!

Comment

finally....my case has been updated on 04/12/2013 that 15 days premium processing has started today.... thanks!
        Fingers crossed!

Comment

Fingers crossed!
          Vasu278,

Have you received any updates on decision form USCIS? keep us posted here.. i am also waiting for response.

Comment

The 15-day Premium Processing clock stopped on your I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT

Originally posted by ramkrishna322 View Post
            Vasu278,

Have you received any updates on decision form USCIS? keep us posted here.. i am also waiting for response.
            The story has come start once again
            on 04/18/2013 i.e. 6 days after my premium processing has started, my case status was still in 'initial review' but with a message:

On April 18, 2013, the 15-day Premium Processing clock stopped on your I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER. A notice was sent on this date explaining the specific reason for stopping the premium processing of your case. This notice will contain detailed information on further action required by you. Your premium processing receipt notice contains contact information for direct inquiries on your case.

So far my company has not received any notice. I am not sure what is going to happen... and when will I know the decision and what it will be ...
            any ideas?????

Comment

The story has come start once again
              on 04/18/2013 i.e. 6 days after my premium processing has started, my case status was still in 'initial review' but with a message:

On April 18, 2013, the 15-day Premium Processing clock stopped on your I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER. A notice was sent on this date explaining the specific reason for stopping the premium processing of your case. This notice will contain detailed information on further action required by you. Your premium processing receipt notice contains contact information for direct inquiries on your case.

So far my company has not received any notice. I am not sure what is going to happen... and when will I know the decision and what it will be ...
              any ideas?????
              This could be an RFE (request for evidence)...

Comment

I have already received an RFE on my case.... can this be again an RFE??? when they issue an RFE, if we don't provide required docs... they will straight away reject it right? why will they issue one more RFE?

really not able to understand

Comment

I have already received an RFE on my case.... can this be again an RFE??? when they issue an RFE, if we don't provide required docs... they will straight away reject it right? why will they issue one more RFE?

really not able to understand
                  I am in the same boat. Any updates from the USCIS to your employer? I also got RFE and now it went to premium processing clock stopped after replying to RFE. My company is saying this is another RFE but wait till we get the documents.
                  Last edited by adya; 04-23-2013, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by adya View Post
                    I am in the same boat. Any updates from the USCIS to your employer? I also got RFE and now it went to premium processing clock stopped after replying to RFE. My company is saying this is another RFE but wait till we get the documents.
                    my employer says... no documents received yet..... have to wait and see.... was yours an RFE for sure????... or is it that your employer is thinking so? please update me once your employer receives notice....

Comment

my employer says... no documents received yet..... have to wait and see.... was yours an RFE for sure????... or is it that your employer is thinking so? please update me once your employer receives notice....
                      My employer is thinking so.. I will update once my employer receives the notice. My status became like this on april 22nd only..RFE on top of RFE I hate this...
                      Also my employer is telling there is a possibility of getting the same RFE sometimes since I updated to premium when I submitted the RFE response and this has happened for few cases.

Do you know anyone with this status? or got this status and what happened after that? I am not seeing any other posts for this status for L1.

I am seeing many for H1 and they are saying after 3-4 hours the status is getting changed to decision.
                      Last edited by adya; 04-23-2013, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by adya View Post
                        My employer is thinking so.. I will update once my employer receives the notice. My status became like this on april 22nd only..RFE on top of RFE I hate this...
                        Also my employer is telling there is a possibility of getting the same RFE sometimes since I updated to premium when I submitted the RFE response and this has happened for few cases.

Do you know anyone with this status? or got this status and what happened after that? I am not seeing any other posts for this status for L1.

I am seeing many for H1 and they are saying after 3-4 hours the status is getting changed to decision.
                        I don't know any one with this status... even I searched forums but could see only H1 cases....
                        mine was premium processing even before RFE.... after RFE docs submission it went to premium processing again (not sure by itself or upgraded by my employer) and now situation is like this.....

Comment

L1

Vasu278 : Wat's ur status?. i'm also expecting from USCIS for decision..

I'm currently in the status "On April 18, 2013, the 15-day premium processing clock started "

Comment

Originally posted by Merl02 View Post
                            Vasu278 : Wat's ur status?. i'm also expecting from USCIS for decision..

I'm currently in the status "On April 18, 2013, the 15-day premium processing clock started "
                            My premium processing has stopped after 4 days and they have sent a notice to my employer but my employer says the notice is not received yet... will update once he receives the notice.... please keep me posted on your status as well.... hard to find forums related to my status (L1 & premium processing & RFE) on internet....

Comment

My premium processing has stopped after 4 days and they have sent a notice to my employer but my employer says the notice is not received yet... will update once he receives the notice.... please keep me posted on your status as well.... hard to find forums related to my status (L1 & premium processing & RFE) on internet....
                              I am loosing my hope... no updates from the employer... nor from uscis...also not able to find anything in any forum...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X