L1-B extension on RFE change of work location/client

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1-B extension on RFE change of work location/client

Hi My L1-B visa & I-94 expired in 04/04/2013 and before that my employer applied for Extension for which I just received the RFE. Presently I work at Client location for Client X and my work for the current client is going to end by this month end. I am considering to move to another Client location 'Y'.

Since I am on RFE is it possible to move to another client though my Employer is same ? Is it legal to move during the RFE ?

If I leave US by the end of this month and since by extension will become abandoned,does this have any impact on new my L1 visa?

Originally posted by shre23 View Post
    Hi My L1-B visa & I-94 expired in 04/04/2013 and before that my employer applied for Extension for which I just received the RFE. Presently I work at Client location for Client X and my work for the current client is going to end by this month end. I am considering to move to another Client location 'Y'.

Since I am on RFE is it possible to move to another client though my Employer is same ? Is it legal to move during the RFE ?

If I leave US by the end of this month and since by extension will become abandoned,does this have any impact on new my L1 visa?
    I would advise against changing location and client while a decision is pending your existing Extension request.

If you leave US it wont impact your new L1 adversely though you may be questioned and similar RFE may be raised for new L1.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X