Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L2 I-94 Extenstion - Urgent

Hi,

I need some urgent advise on my current situation. I have an L1-B (Blanket) visa and it expires on 02-May-2013 (less than 2 weeks) but i have a valid I-94 till Feb-2016 and my employed confirmed that i stay and work legally till 2016 and i would not have a problem.

My wife recently went for L2 stamping and she also got her L2 visa till 02-May-2013. She entered US on 19-Apr-2013, but she only got her I-94 till her visa end date which is 02-May-2013. Could you please help me answer the following questions.

1. I have 9 business days for my company to file an L2 I-94 extension. Would this be enough time for filing an extension?
    2. What all forms do i need to submit apart from I-539 extension form? Also, Can I-539 be filed electronically?
    3. Is it enough to submit the extension application before I-94 end date or do we need to get an acknowledgement before I-94 end date?
    4. Is there any other visa option for me to apply for my wife if L2 I-94 extension is getting delayed?

Requesting all to please help me guide on these questions. Appreciate all your help.

Thanks
    Sandeep
    Last edited by tnf84; 04-21-2013, 03:16 PM.

Originally posted by tnf84 View Post
    Hi,

I need some urgent advise on my current situation. I have an L1-B (Blanket) visa and it expires on 02-May-2013 (less than 2 weeks) but i have a valid I-94 till Feb-2016 and my employed confirmed that i stay and work legally till 2016 and i would not have a problem.

My wife recently went for L2 stamping and she also got her L2 visa till 02-May-2013. She entered US on 19-Apr-2013, but she only got her I-94 till her visa end date which is 02-May-2013. Could you please help me answer the following questions.

1. I have 9 business days for my company to file an L2 I-94 extension. Would this be enough time for filing an extension? -- Yes. It is your wife's responsibility to file the extension. Your company is only helping her.
    2. What all forms do i need to submit apart from I-539 extension form? Also, Can I-539 be filed electronically? -- It can be filed electronically. She must provide all supporting documentation such as copy of her I-94, passport and Visa, copy of your I-94, petition approval notice and paystubs and copy of marriage certificate.
    3. Is it enough to submit the extension application before I-94 end date or do we need to get an acknowledgement before I-94 end date?
    -- USCIS receipt date must fall before I-94 date. EFiling is the most suitable way to ensure that.
    4. Is there any other visa option for me to apply for my wife if L2 I-94 extension is getting delayed? -- No. She does not need that, see above.

Requesting all to please help me guide on these questions. Appreciate all your help.

Thanks
    Sandeep
    See above.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Hi sandepp,

Did you started processing I-94 extension for your wife. We are also having same case.

Can you give some more input on this.

Appreciate.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X