Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help me

hi All,

I am on L1 visa and my wife is on L2 EAD and she has a full time job. My L1 visa will be expired and one of my employer has filed H1 and it got selected. Even my wife's company has applied H1 for her but we haven't heard about the results yet. We are worried now and i have few questions.
    1) Her visa is also valid until my L1. But in case my H1 gets approved and activated in October what happens to her status?
    2) In case if her visa status will move to H4 she should loose the job. Is there any way that she can continue the job our life is dependent on her visa. That company is ready to process green card for her next year.

Please respond whats the best thing we can do.

Originally posted by vijay9999 View Post
    hi All,

I am on L1 visa and my wife is on L2 EAD and she has a full time job. My L1 visa will be expired and one of my employer has filed H1 and it got selected. Even my wife's company has applied H1 for her but we haven't heard about the results yet. We are worried now and i have few questions.
    1) Her visa is also valid until my L1. But in case my H1 gets approved and activated in October what happens to her status?
    2) In case if her visa status will move to H4 she should loose the job. Is there any way that she can continue the job our life is dependent on her visa. That company is ready to process green card for her next year.

Please respond whats the best thing we can do.
    Till when is your L1/L2 active, till when are your I-94s valid? It is a fresh H1 for you and your wife? Was the L1 to H1 and L2 to H1 applied as COS?

1. New H1 can have start date of 01-Oct-2013, if you move to H1 and her H1 is not approved by then, she should move to H4 to avoid being out of status. And she cant work on H4.
    2. If she doesnt get an H1 starting from your H1 date then unfortunately she cannot work; no other way around.

In case her L2 to H1 is not approved then in order to continue working you should continue to be on L1.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X