Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on L1 B Specialized Knowledge

Hello experts,

I have been working on a couple of domain specific tools (generally people who work in my domain knows only one) and technologies for the last 6 years. These tools are not taught outside and only a few people posses knowledge on these.
    I mentioned the same as my specialized knowledge for L1B (processed under premium) but my petition was denied based on this specialized knowledge; this I came to know from my employer.

I heard that domain tools and technologies would be considered as special skill set. Is it not correct?

Originally posted by anug View Post
    Hello experts,

I have been working on a couple of domain specific tools (generally people who work in my domain knows only one) and technologies for the last 6 years. These tools are not taught outside and only a few people posses knowledge on these.
    I mentioned the same as my specialized knowledge for L1B (processed under premium) but my petition was denied based on this specialized knowledge; this I came to know from my employer.

I heard that domain tools and technologies would be considered as special skill set. Is it not correct?
    Yes, in general these are considered to be specialized knowledge. However, the burden of proof lies on your employer. They will need to provide sufficient evidence to establish that you possess not only specialized knowledge, but also that it would be difficult to train someone from the American workforce to perform the tasks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X