Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L2 to L1-B Visa COS

Hi ,

Please help me with my below query on COS from L2 to L1 .

I came to US on May 2nd on a L2 visa, after resigning my job in India . The company i was previously working for in India needs people urgently for its US team and is ready to offer me a job . However they are not ready to wait for 3 months ( EAD processing time) for me to join the project and instead are willing to process L1 for me. I learnt through this forum that we need not travel to our home country since this visa will be a status change . However I have a few questions as below

1) what is the time taken for L2 to L1 COS ? Is it the same as the L1 processing time ? Also do we have premium processing for a status change as well?

2) Since I am no longer with the org , would i still be eligible for an L1 , since technically its an intra company transferee visa and I no longer am part of the org ?

3) what is the approval rate in such cases (i.e COS in particular ) ?

4) Can i process my EAD in parallel to my L1 ( so that I need not wait for 3 months , in case my L1 petition is rejected) ?

Thanks as always

Originally posted by anakal View Post
    Hi ,

Please help me with my below query on COS from L2 to L1 .

I came to US on May 2nd on a L2 visa, after resigning my job in India . The company i was previously working for in India needs people urgently for its US team and is ready to offer me a job . However they are not ready to wait for 3 months ( EAD processing time) for me to join the project and instead are willing to process L1 for me. I learnt through this forum that we need not travel to our home country since this visa will be a status change . However I have a few questions as below

1) what is the time taken for L2 to L1 COS ? Is it the same as the L1 processing time ? Also do we have premium processing for a status change as well?

2) Since I am no longer with the org , would i still be eligible for an L1 , since technically its an intra company transferee visa and I no longer am part of the org ?

3) what is the approval rate in such cases (i.e COS in particular ) ?

4) Can i process my EAD in parallel to my L1 ( so that I need not wait for 3 months , in case my L1 petition is rejected) ?

Thanks as always
    1) Should be the same, and you can do premium processing.
    2) Yes, the requirement is that you have worked at least 1 year in the preceding 3 years before you moved to the US.
    3) Dunno
    4) Yes.

Comment

Thanks a lot for the information

Comment

AbhishekW_L2EAD_L1A_CONVERSION

Hi,
        Please support !!

I am currently in India ( working for an MNC ) and got a transfer to US in same organisation on L2-EAD.
        My spouse ( wife ) is already in US on L1B.

My new project is planning to transfer me to L1A.

It is 10 months for me in current project.

What is the process for C.O.S. ( change of status )...Will it impact my transfer in any case...

Please help

Cheers !!
        Abhishek W

Comment

AbhishekW_L2EAD_L1A_CONVERSION

Hi,
          Please support !!

I am currently in India ( working for an MNC ) and got a transfer to US in same organisation on L2-EAD.
          My spouse ( wife ) is already in US on L1B.

My new project is planning to transfer me to L1A.

It is 10 months for me in current project.

What is the process for C.O.S. ( change of status )...Will it impact my transfer in any case...

Please help

Cheers !!
          Abhishek W

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X