L1, L2 Visa holders need to travel to Canada for visit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1, L2 Visa holders need to travel to Canada for visit

We hold L1 and L2 Visa and need to travel to Canada to visit family there for around 6 days. we already have an Invitation letter from them too .. Is it possible to get a Visa on the same day if we visit the embassy or Consulate ?

We need to travel in the next 10 days so online application is not an option. We plan to do this visit by road.

Someone PLEASE HELP ... All the info online including the Cnadian government website is wrong. It says there that you can get it on the same day from the Washington DC embassy office, but when we went there we were told that it for people from the embassy only or people who work with the government.

PLEASE HELP.. My wife is really sad and i want to make her happy ....

Originally posted by sujitk View Post
    We hold L1 and L2 Visa and need to travel to Canada to visit family there for around 6 days. we already have an Invitation letter from them too .. Is it possible to get a Visa on the same day if we visit the embassy or Consulate ?

We need to travel in the next 10 days so online application is not an option. We plan to do this visit by road.

Someone PLEASE HELP ... All the info online including the Cnadian government website is wrong. It says there that you can get it on the same day from the Washington DC embassy office, but when we went there we were told that it for people from the embassy only or people who work with the government.

PLEASE HELP.. My wife is really sad and i want to make her happy ....
    If you go very early in the day, the embassy may issue the Visa on the same day. However, there is no guarantee. It depends on their workload. Complete the online application and also carry a prepaid postage envelope (USPS Priority mail or some such). Generally, they issue the Visa within 1 or 2 days and you can get the passports back in 3 or 4 days, if you apply in person. But then again this cannot be guaranteed.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
      If you go very early in the day, the embassy may issue the Visa on the same day. However, there is no guarantee. It depends on their workload. Complete the online application and also carry a prepaid postage envelope (USPS Priority mail or some such). Generally, they issue the Visa within 1 or 2 days and you can get the passports back in 3 or 4 days, if you apply in person. But then again this cannot be guaranteed.
      Are you sure ??? Is this information current or old ?? Because, we just visited the Washington DC embassy and they said that they only serve people from the Embassy or people who work for the Government, which was not the case earlier.. Basically if i go to New York consulate on wednesday morning early, is there a chance that I can get a Visa by the end of this week ???
      Last edited by sujitk; 05-20-2013, 04:42 PM.

Comment

It is possible, the earlier you apply the better chances you have. I have experience with the Embassy at Washington DC. Cannot say if consulate at NY is the same.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X