Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Sheet 221(g) - Administrative Processing

Hello All,

I am starting this new thread, to share and understand from people who have gone through this and undergoing this waiting period, I did lot of research, but could not arrive at a conclusion of what state I am currently in.

Here are few things to note:
    ============================================================ =========
    Interview Place: Chennai

Visa Type: Blanket L1 B

Passport: returned to me after my interview

Received: 221(g) blue sheet with a tick mark on the following clause : Your blanket L-1 is not clearly approvable under section 8 CFR 214.2(I)(ii)(D) and INA 101(a)(15)(L).

IMPORTANT : VO also mentioned that, ask your HR to file your case in a different category

Question: Since, my VISA status is in an "Administrative Processing" since 30 days, what would be my next steps?
    1) Wait until I hear from the consulate?
    2) Move on with applying in a different category?
    2) If different category does any one know typically what kind of category to prefer?

Appreciate, if you share your experience here, so that many of us in this category would get good information.

Thanks for your help,
    CP

Originally posted by tkcp View Post
    Hello All,

I am starting this new thread, to share and understand from people who have gone through this and undergoing this waiting period, I did lot of research, but could not arrive at a conclusion of what state I am currently in.

Here are few things to note:
    Interview Place: Chennai

Visa Type: Blanket L1 B

Passport: returned to me after my interview

Received: 221(g) blue sheet with a tick mark on the following clause : Your blanket L-1 is not clearly approvable under section 8 CFR 214.2(I)(ii)(D) and INA 101(a)(15)(L).

IMPORTANT : VO also mentioned that, ask your HR to file your case in a different category

Question: Since, my VISA status is in an "Administrative Processing" since 30 days, what would be my next steps?
    1) Wait until I hear from the consulate?
    2) Move on with applying in a different category?
    2) If different category does any one know typically what kind of category to prefer?

Appreciate, if you share your experience here, so that many of us in this category would get good information.

Thanks for your help,
    CP
    I believe you should move ahead and apply in a different category. L1 Individual might have slightly better chance, H1 will certainly have much better chances but H1 quota for this year is already over and next one will open only in April 2014 and the earliest start would be Oct 2014. It wont harm to try an L1B individual in the meantime provided company is willing to pay for it.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      I believe you should move ahead and apply in a different category. L1 Individual might have slightly better chance, H1 will certainly have much better chances but H1 quota for this year is already over and next one will open only in April 2014 and the earliest start would be Oct 2014. It wont harm to try an L1B individual in the meantime provided company is willing to pay for it.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Thanks a lot for the reply, Raghvi. As in the Web site they have clearly mentioned that we need to wait for 60 days. In that case, should I wait until then before even taking further steps?

Also, I would like to know, any one with this status have been successful in getting through this stage with out even re applying again. I have read through lot of forum that, even with out submitting your passport at the time of interview, the Consulate would call you back for further actions. But, I feel its more unique to individual case. Anyway's, I am just waiting for those golden words .

Thank you for your reply!
      CP

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X