L1A & L1B I-94 clarification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1A & L1B I-94 clarification

Currently I'm on L1B, which expires on June 30, 2013 and I have I94 till Feb 2016.
    My company applied for L1A visa and waiting for status.
    And if L1A is rejected, can continue to stay on my L1B I-94 which is valid till Feb 2016 ?
    Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by Punna View Post
    Currently I'm on L1B, which expires on June 30, 2013 and I have I94 till Feb 2016.
    And if L1A is rejected, can continue to stay on my L1B I-94 which is valid till Feb 2016 ?
    Thanks in advance.
    L1B can be for maximum 5 Years. So if L1A is rejected, you can stay till 5 Years completion or till I-94 expiry whicever is earlier.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

My I129 petition is approved. Please clarify below questions.
      1. What is process I need to follow, if I plan to visit India (my wife is in India, with expired L2).
      2. What is the process, if I planned to bring my wife to USA, without me going to India.

Thanks.

Comment

My I129 petition is approved. Please clarify below questions.
        1. What is process I need to follow, if I plan to visit India (my wife is in India, with expired L2).
        2. What is the process, if I planned to bring my wife to USA, without me going to India.

Thanks.
        Did you get a new I-94 along with the approval?

1. Same thing what you did last time when you went for L1B stamping. Fill DS-160, Book appointment, go to Chennai. take the I129, I797 and supporting documents and attend the L1A/L2 interview along with your spouse. Remember even if I129 is approved you can still be rejected at the consulate.
        2. Follow the L2 process. Fill DS-160, send your approved I129, I797 and supporting documents and she attends L2 visa interview. If approved she gets a new L2 stamping and can travel.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks raghvi and I didn't get I94 yet.

Comment

Thanks in advance.
            Yes. If you travel, you must get a new visa at the consulate to re-enter.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X