L2 spouse Visa suspended on 221(g)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L2 spouse Visa suspended on 221(g)

I have attended L1B Visa interview at Chennai Consulate on 5th July, 2013. My visa got approved but my spouse's L2 have been suspended on 221(g) grounds. The VO sounded like completing the formalities of stamping all the 4 visas (2 daughters as well) until he asked my wife about her educational and professional background. She replied that she has a M.Sc., M.Phil in Biotechnology and have worked as Research Associate in a private company. She said that she had left the job in 2008 and currently working as a Technical Writer in a private farm. Then he asked if she has worked in any pharmaceutical company to which she replied in the affirmative. He asked if she is carrying a resume. Since she went for a dependent visa, we didnt carry her resume. The VO sounded understanding saying that why would she carry her resume. Then he said we are good to go but he has to to decide if she can go now or there would be some delay. Then he went inside, discussed with someone, came back and said that she has to produce certain documents regarding her research papers etc. and provided a pink 221(g) slip. He asked can he go ahead and issue visas for the kids so that they can travel with me. We said, kids can't travel without their mother and then he kept all 3 suspended pending documents from my spouse. We came out of the consulate all confused and since I have to travel within 3 weeks for 1-2 years, we are in a very confused situation. Moreover, we don't even know how much time would it take for them to respond and if at all, she will be granted the visa. Can anyone throw some light here?

Originally posted by chayanchit View Post
    I have attended L1B Visa interview at Chennai Consulate on 5th July, 2013. My visa got approved but my spouse's L2 have been suspended on 221(g) grounds. The VO sounded like completing the formalities of stamping all the 4 visas (2 daughters as well) until he asked my wife about her educational and professional background. She replied that she has a M.Sc., M.Phil in Biotechnology and have worked as Research Associate in a private company. She said that she had left the job in 2008 and currently working as a Technical Writer in a private farm. Then he asked if she has worked in any pharmaceutical company to which she replied in the affirmative. He asked if she is carrying a resume. Since she went for a dependent visa, we didnt carry her resume. The VO sounded understanding saying that why would she carry her resume. Then he said we are good to go but he has to to decide if she can go now or there would be some delay. Then he went inside, discussed with someone, came back and said that she has to produce certain documents regarding her research papers etc. and provided a pink 221(g) slip. He asked can he go ahead and issue visas for the kids so that they can travel with me. We said, kids can't travel without their mother and then he kept all 3 suspended pending documents from my spouse. We came out of the consulate all confused and since I have to travel within 3 weeks for 1-2 years, we are in a very confused situation. Moreover, we don't even know how much time would it take for them to respond and if at all, she will be granted the visa. Can anyone throw some light here?
    Well there is nothing more you can do right now apart from submitting whatever documents they ask for. For obvious reason, there is additional security clearance required for TAL (Technology Alert List) based dependents/employees and unfortunately for you Bitechnology does fall into this. You will have to wait it out till your spouse clears the security hurdle, it can take from few weeks to months. If you have got the visa you can travel.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Well there is nothing more you can do right now apart from submitting whatever documents they ask for. For obvious reason, there is additional security clearance required for TAL (Technology Alert List) based dependents/employees and unfortunately for you Bitechnology does fall into this. You will have to wait it out till your spouse clears the security hurdle, it can take from few weeks to months. If you have got the visa you can travel.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

I have the same situation where officer didnt asked to present resume on 3rd July. My wife currently works on L2 in US pharma company. She was carrying resume though but officer just went inside and came up with green 221 slip and asked to email resume, invitation, job details. I will be sending all documents today. I have been reading all over but didnt see any thing that says the visa will be granted in so and so time. It varies case by case I believe and I think we have no way but to wait for their response. Case status will be updated on the URL mentioned on the slip.

Comment

Originally posted by vaiku View Post
        I have the same situation where officer didnt asked to present resume on 3rd July. My wife currently works on L2 in US pharma company. She was carrying resume though but officer just went inside and came up with green 221 slip and asked to email resume, invitation, job details. I will be sending all documents today. I have been reading all over but didnt see any thing that says the visa will be granted in so and so time. It varies case by case I believe and I think we have no way but to wait for their response. Case status will be updated on the URL mentioned on the slip.
        Do you have update on your case yet?

Comment

Originally posted by vaiku View Post
          Do you have update on your case yet?
          It has been 6 weeks now without any update. This is so frustrating.

Comment

Mine is the same case. Could you please PM me your contact number. Our visa interview was on 6th August and they did the same asking for her resume. I want to know if you have received any update. Please let me know.

Comment

Status update

Did the status I mean "Status Updated Date:" ever changed for your case in 6 weeks? I am worried. Please help.

Comment

Originally posted by ayanchandra View Post
                Did the status I mean "Status Updated Date:" ever changed for your case in 6 weeks? I am worried. Please help.
                Mr.Ayan,Yes, I meant that. You won't get any updates in between until the processing is complete. It will be 8 weeks in 2 days. Still same status quo for me. You can mail me at [email protected]

Comment

Did any body else of you face similar kind of issues where L1 was approved but L2 was held for administrative processing. Could you please let me know how long it took for the result? Please also provide case milestones.

Comment

similar situation....much worse actually

Originally posted by ayanchandra View Post
                    Did any body else of you face similar kind of issues where L1 was approved but L2 was held for administrative processing. Could you please let me know how long it took for the result? Please also provide case milestones.
                    Hello,
                    i went through your message and i'm facing a similar situation but to a wose extent. i'm a french national and received my L1 visa shortly after having applied for it though my company. i'm already in the US and have started wotrk. However, my spouse, who is an Iranian national has applied MORE THAN 6 MONTHS AGO ! we didn;t get any exlanation although our corporate attorney has tried to reach out to the dubai consulate where we had both applied for our visas. her case is still under administrative processiong. 6 months is extremely long and we have started losing hope. Does someone have any idea of what the reasons could be? what steps shall be taken? thanks for your kind help.
                    warm regards.

Comment

Status Updated

It has been 6 weeks now without any update. This is so frustrating.
                      Status updated today in CEAC site exactly after 8 weeks. PDF still shows as processing. Keeping fingers crossed.

Comment

Status updated again

Status updated today in CEAC site exactly after 8 weeks. PDF still shows as processing. Keeping fingers crossed.
                        One more update happened today. PDF still shows Pending Process. Anyone has any idea how many times the update happens until Issued?

Comment

Visa Issued

One more update happened today. PDF still shows Pending Process. Anyone has any idea how many times the update happens until Issued?
                          On 5th Sep, the status was updated to Issued and the PDF also showed the same. It took full 8 weeks from the day we e-mailed the filled in questionnaire to the Consulate.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                          X