Is L1 for indirect employee?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is L1 for indirect employee?

Hi, I am working for one of the big US company as a consultant through one of the small Indian company. I am directly reporting to Manager in US company. Even I need to give attendance to the US company as well as I need to attend all the US meetings remotely. Now that company want me to join them on direct roll in US. Am I eligible for the L1 visa in this case?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Originally posted by kishorbhagwat View Post
    Hi, I am working for one of the big US company as a consultant through one of the small Indian company. I am directly reporting to Manager in US company. Even I need to give attendance to the US company as well as I need to attend all the US meetings remotely. Now that company want me to join them on direct roll in US. Am I eligible for the L1 visa in this case?

Thanks in advance for your answer.
    Whose payroll are you on? the US company's Indian branch or the Indian company's?

If you are on the payroll of the Indian company which is just supplying resources to this US company, you would not qualify.

If you are on the payroll of the Indian branch of the US company you can qualify. Other way would be if the Indian software company was to be aquired by the US one which is not in your hand. The US company can sponsor an H1 for you bu the earliest you can go on H1 is Oct 2014 .

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Unless the Indian company is a subsidiary of the US company, you will not qualify.
      This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X