Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invitation letter for L2 in 221(g)

Hi Friends,

I am on L1 visa currently in US and it expired in May 2013. But my i-94 is valid till April 2015. My wife had the same visa expiry but she had to travel India and get new visa stamped. Here is the catch, she recently got job in pharmaceutical company in May 2013 and she started working on her EAD. She traveled in June 2013 to India and had visa interview on 3rd where officer confirmed whether my (principle) visa is expired and then asked whether she is going to work or spouse. My wife answered both. Now, I think the answer should have been primary purpose is to be with spouse, but both is also not technically incorrect. Then Officer gave her green 221g that says provide:

Invitation Letter (Invitation letter from sponsoring org. For workers this should include name of your superwisor and details of your work ):
    Another document with details: Resume, Research, Position, Purpose, Itinerary, Funding, Travelers, Travel.

Questions:
    My (principle) employer says this letter should come from my wife's employer. I am confused here as my employer filed L2 visa. Who should give this document?
    I read on L1-L2 link on immihelp and it says primary intention is to be with primary visa holder. Officer may deny visa. I am not sure what to do.

Please help!

Originally posted by vaiku View Post
    Hi Friends,

I am on L1 visa currently in US and it expired in May 2013. But my i-94 is valid till April 2015. My wife had the same visa expiry but she had to travel India and get new visa stamped. Here is the catch, she recently got job in pharmaceutical company in May 2013 and she started working on her EAD. She traveled in June 2013 to India and had visa interview on 3rd where officer confirmed whether my (principle) visa is expired and then asked whether she is going to work or spouse. My wife answered both. Now, I think the answer should have been primary purpose is to be with spouse, but both is also not technically incorrect. Then Officer gave her green 221g that says provide:

Invitation Letter (Invitation letter from sponsoring org. For workers this should include name of your superwisor and details of your work ):
    Another document with details: Resume, Research, Position, Purpose, Itinerary, Funding, Travelers, Travel.

Questions:
    My (principle) employer says this letter should come from my wife's employer. I am confused here as my employer filed L2 visa. Who should give this document?
    I read on L1-L2 link on immihelp and it says primary intention is to be with primary visa holder. Officer may deny visa. I am not sure what to do.

Please help!
    Technically your employer didnt file the L2, they may just be assiting in the filing . Dependent visas are ones own responsibility.

Mentioning working for a Pharma industry caused the trigger. Now that she has mentioned it, I think your spouse's employer should provide the details of the work that she would be performing. Pharmaceuticals is on the TAL list hence the extra scrutiny. If her employer provides the details along with your spouse providing her resume and the documentatiosn related to her field of study/job it should get the process moving forward.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

After sending email my wife received email from mumbai consulate

**** email received **** *

We request you to kindly send the documents as an attachment as per the 221G letter.

An invitation letter (a letter from the person/organization inviting you to U.S which must include: name, address, purpose, contact information, signature of the concerned person/signatory) in .PDF format

1) A detailed resume/CV that lists your professional and/or academic backgrounds from your past/present work, three professional references is mandatory to be included in your resume, and a list of all your publications if any.
      2) A detailed description of your research categorized into 1)Past 2) Present and 3) Future if any.
      3) A detailed description of your position in your present/previous company explaining your duties and responsibilities.
      4) A detailed statement of purpose.
      5) A detailed Itinerary
      6) A detailed description of Funding
      7) List/Details of travelers travelling with you.
      8) Dates and locations of all international travel for last 10 years.

Please submit your invitation letter in .PDF format and other documents in WORD format, Please read the letter carefully for instructions:

If any header is not applicable to you please mention as “NOT APPLICABLE” under their respective headers. You must submit all of the required information listed in the green letter that you received from the consular officer at your interview in a single email. We are unable to proceed with your case if we do not receive all of the required information in a single email.

Thank you,
      Mumbai Tech/DP.

**** * email received end **** *

email was sent with two documents invitation letter from wife(L2) employer and all other information as single document. Thinking that invitation letter does not have purpose. But the purpose from L2 employer will not say to join husband. Not sure whats problem with email sent to consulate.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X