Getting L-2 VISA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting L-2 VISA

Hi, I am in USA on B-1 VISA and my I-94 is valid till Jan 2014. My wife also came USA 1 week before me on L-1B VISA and got I-94 till July 2016 even though her VISA is going to expire by this November. I want to change my status to L-2 now. Please suggest me the way from the following

Can I apply change of status not from B-1 to L-2? If YES how long it will take for approval

If I go India can I apply for L-2 VISA on my wife's I-94 validity? her visa going to expire in the month

Originally posted by mahendracm View Post
    Hi, I am in USA on B-1 VISA and my I-94 is valid till Jan 2014. My wife also came USA 1 week before me on L-1B VISA and got I-94 till July 2016 even though her VISA is going to expire by this November. I want to change my status to L-2 now. Please suggest me the way from the following

Can I apply change of status not from B-1 to L-2? If YES how long it will take for approval -- You can apply and it will take 2 to 3 months processing time. However changing status from B1/B2 can create problems in future Visa applications, so it is not recommended.

If I go India can I apply for L-2 VISA on my wife's I-94 validity? her visa going to expire in the month -- Yes, you can apply for the Visa. L2 Visa expiry will be either 3 years or same your wife's Visa expiry (at the consular officer's discretion). I am assuming her petition is blanket with no expiry date. You can travel to US at any time before your Visa expires and your I-94 will be given for 3 years.
    See above.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X