Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renewing Visa's

I'm hoping someone can help.....

My husband has an L1 and i have an L2 visa which expire next year. Our visa's were issued in London where were from. When are visa'a are up for renewal is it correct that we can stay in the country & work past the expiration, but that it is when we leave the country to get back in, that we will have to have a new visa issued in our passports? Also do we need to get our visa's issued in the same city in which they were originally issued? We are trying to find a way in which we do not have to travel back to the UK just to renew our visas.
    Eg, if we were to take a vacation to somewhere were there was a US embassy, could we in theory, renew our Visa whilst we are there (leaving enough time)?

Thanks in advance!

Hello, Ema.

Visa is what you need to enter the USA. Status is what you have once inside the USA, in your case, L2 and in your husband's, L1. You can apply for extension of visa while in the USA and can get an approval too and can continue to work without having to leave. Your Visa on the Passport would be till 2014, it will continue that way. If your L1 extension is approved, you will receive a fresh stay duration, that will be your new legal Status, e.g. till 2016.

If you do not leave the US, you are good, if you do leave (post 2014 and application of this extension), you will have to get a fresh stamp on the Passport as the current L1 and L2 stamp would be having the older date, which would not be reflecting your accurate visa status.

Hope this helps.

These are my opinions, and not legal advise.

Cheers,

Originally posted by ema View Post
    I'm hoping someone can help.....

My husband has an L1 and i have an L2 visa which expire next year. Our visa's were issued in London where were from. When are visa'a are up for renewal is it correct that we can stay in the country & work past the expiration, but that it is when we leave the country to get back in, that we will have to have a new visa issued in our passports? Also do we need to get our visa's issued in the same city in which they were originally issued? We are trying to find a way in which we do not have to travel back to the UK just to renew our visas.
    Eg, if we were to take a vacation to somewhere were there was a US embassy, could we in theory, renew our Visa whilst we are there (leaving enough time)?

Thanks in advance!
    These are my personal thoughts. I am not a professional.

Wishing you luck.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X