Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1-B Blanket Visa

Hello Forum Members,

I am on L1-B Blanket Visa with Visa Expiration 11/2013.

Validity of my L1-B Blanket petition is infinite.

I entered US in mid 2011.

I travelled out of US and returned back to get I-94 till 06/2016

Can you please let me know about the below,

1) My Texas Drivers license is expiring in 11/2013.

Can I apply for license renewal using the I-94 validity? If so when can I apply that?

2) As I understand I cannot travel out of US and return back after 11/2013 because my visa would be expiring that time.

What extension should I apply so that I can move out of US and return back post 11/2013 within the same L1-B Blanket Visa? Also If extension can be applied is there possibilty of rejection?

3) Using the L1-B Blanket's I-94 validity can I apply for H1 in April 2014?

4) What would be impact on Filing H1 in April 2014 if there is possibility of L1-B extension?

Please let me know if you need any additional information.

Originally posted by firstblood View Post
    Hello Forum Members,

I am on L1-B Blanket Visa with Visa Expiration 11/2013.

Validity of my L1-B Blanket petition is infinite.

I entered US in mid 2011.

I travelled out of US and returned back to get I-94 till 06/2016

Can you please let me know about the below,

1) My Texas Drivers license is expiring in 11/2013.

Can I apply for license renewal using the I-94 validity? If so when can I apply that?

2) As I understand I cannot travel out of US and return back after 11/2013 because my visa would be expiring that time.

What extension should I apply so that I can move out of US and return back post 11/2013 within the same L1-B Blanket Visa? Also If extension can be applied is there possibilty of rejection?

3) Using the L1-B Blanket's I-94 validity can I apply for H1 in April 2014?

4) What would be impact on Filing H1 in April 2014 if there is possibility of L1-B extension?

Please let me know if you need any additional information.
    1. You can apply.
    2. You can not get an extended visa in US. You will have to leave US and get a new L1 stamping done in order to be able to enter US after 11/2013. You can try going to Canada too. And as with any visa stamping, yes, there is rejection risk.
    3. Yes.
    4. I dont see any impact. If H1 is applied as COS and is approved , you should work only with H1 employer post H1 start date.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      2. You can not get an extended visa in US. You will have to leave US and get a new L1 stamping done in order to be able to enter US after 11/2013. You can try going to Canada too. And as with any visa stamping, yes, there is rejection risk.
      4. I dont see any impact. If H1 is applied as COS and is approved , you should work only with H1 employer post H1 start date.

2. As per my understaning since I have I-94 valid till 06/2016 for the current L1-B Blanket visa, I cannot apply for Visa extension staying in US? I need to move out of US and apply for new L1 visa only?

4. Here do you mean that when L1-B extension is in process, I can still apply for new H1 visa?

Thanks for your prompt responses.

Comment

Originally posted by firstblood View Post
        2. As per my understaning since I have I-94 valid till 06/2016 for the current L1-B Blanket visa, I cannot apply for Visa extension staying in US? I need to move out of US and apply for new L1 visa only?

4. Here do you mean that when L1-B extension is in process, I can still apply for new H1 visa?

Thanks for your prompt responses.
        2. Yes
        4. You already have L1 I-94 till 2016 so how you can apply L1 extension while in US?

As it is L1 and H1 are un related. But at the same time you can only be in one status at a time thats why I told that if you are in US and L1 to H1 COS is approved you should work only with H1 employer thereafter. If you are outside US when H1 gets approved then you will have to decide whether you want to attend H1 stamping or L1 stamping.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X