L2 dependent visa-EAD-Validation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L2 dependent visa-EAD-Validation

Hi,I am on L2 dependent visa.I am planning to apply for EAD. But, my spouse project is only till Jan 2014.It may or may not extend.Our visa is valid till 2015.
    (1) Should I apply for EAD?
    (2) If we go back to our home country in jan 2014 after the project completion.
    My EAD will be valid till 2 years?
    Even my spouse is trying to convert his L1 to H1. If so,
    (3) My EAD will be valid? Or What should I apply for to do a job in US?

Originally posted by swathigpmm View Post
    Hi,I am on L2 dependent visa.I am planning to apply for EAD. But, my spouse project is only till Jan 2014.It may or may not extend.Our visa is valid till 2015.
    (1) Should I apply for EAD?
    (2) If we go back to our home country in jan 2014 after the project completion.
    My EAD will be valid till 2 years?
    Even my spouse is trying to convert his L1 to H1. If so,
    (3) My EAD will be valid? Or What should I apply for to do a job in US?
    1. No Harm in applying for EAD. It will be typically given till your and your spouse's I-94 (if they are different then whichever is earlier).
    2. Your L2 is a dependent visa, that is dependent on primary L1 visa. If your spouse leave US you will have to leave too. You cant stay back on L2 and use your EAD.
    3. If your spouse converts to H1 you will move to H4. And EAD will no longer be valid. On H4 you cannot work. In order to work you will also have to move to H1 visa.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      1. No Harm in applying for EAD. It will be typically given till your and your spouse's I-94 (if they are different then whichever is earlier).
      2. Your L2 is a dependent visa, that is dependent on primary L1 visa. If your spouse leave US you will have to leave too. You cant stay back on L2 and use your EAD.
      3. If your spouse converts to H1 you will move to H4. And EAD will no longer be valid. On H4 you cannot work. In order to work you will also have to move to H1 visa.

Thank You.But regarding second point: Once the current project is completed we will go back to India. But after few months,
      If my spouse is assigned to a new project in US,we will again come back.i.e., my spouse on L1 and me on L2 Dependent. If this is the case,
      Then will my EAD be valid?

Comment

Originally posted by swathigpmm View Post
        Thank You.But regarding second point: Once the current project is completed we will go back to India. But after few months,
        If my spouse is assigned to a new project in US,we will again come back.i.e., my spouse on L1 and me on L2 Dependent. If this is the case,
        Then will my EAD be valid?
        Yes. But you should also have a valid I-94 associated with it.

Comment

Ok. Thank you so much for your reply Raghvi.
          Regards,
          Swathi G

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X