L1B Individual Petition - Impact of educational background on approval

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B Individual Petition - Impact of educational background on approval

Hi, I have filed L1B petition with USCIS. I have Masters degree in mining engineering, however working with a bank in its analytics strategy domain. The company has facilitated my transfer to US where I will be working in the company's office (no clients involved). I have close to 3 years exp with the company (2 yrs 11 mths). Wanted to know if the non relevant educational background (non Business degree) can affect the approval of my petition?? Can anyone help me in this regard with prior exp/knowledge.
    P.S: My job description for the US position mentions degree in quantitative field like engineering preferred and my projects show that I have in depth knowledge of the company's customer base and products in its retail banking business.

Any insight will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

Originally posted by amru1234 View Post
    Hi, I have filed L1B petition with USCIS. I have Masters degree in mining engineering, however working with a bank in its analytics strategy domain. The company has facilitated my transfer to US where I will be working in the company's office (no clients involved). I have close to 3 years exp with the company (2 yrs 11 mths). Wanted to know if the non relevant educational background (non Business degree) can affect the approval of my petition?? Can anyone help me in this regard with prior exp/knowledge.
    P.S: My job description for the US position mentions degree in quantitative field like engineering preferred and my projects show that I have in depth knowledge of the company's customer base and products in its retail banking business.

Any insight will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!!
    Hello, Amru.

Your work-experience, and the employer sponsoring you enjoy higher precedence than your education.

The employer sponsoring you, trusts your ability, and that is key.

Cheers,
    These are my personal thoughts. I am not a professional.

Wishing you luck.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X