Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent - DS160 - L1

1. “Have you ever been ten-printed?”
    What should I answer? My tourist visa was in 2007 and I don’t remember if they only took index finger or 10.
    Also, During the arrest for a minor issue - how many prints are taken?
    I guess I should answer no if I don’t remember?

2. Trips to the U.S. in the last 5 years,
    I’ve spent 3.5 months in the U.S., during this time I also visited Canda, Mexico and Jamaica, should I consider all of those internal trips seperatly? (They didn’t take my I-94 when I visited canada for e.g. on the other hand they also didn’t take it when I left ); bottom line, I I came to the U.S. in june 2009 then I july went for a week in canada, rertunred to the U.S., then in august went for a week to mexico, reutruned, then went to Jamaica, returned to the U.S. and then flew back home; should I wrote all those trips seperaly or as one long trip to the U.S.?

3. Should I remove the i94 from passport to avoid questions?

4. “Do you have any other relatives in the U.S.?”
    I might have some but I don’t have their details and haven’t been in touch with them for years…what should I put?

5. In the Primary occupation,
    If I’m in telecom should I choose computer science or other and write Telecom? I want to avoid TAL – what do you think?

6. Address in the U.S.,
    Do they only mean here the initial address? Should I put the company’s address? I don’t have an address yet…

Originally posted by states9blader View Post
    1. “Have you ever been ten-printed?”
    What should I answer? My tourist visa was in 2007 and I don’t remember if they only took index finger or 10.
    Also, During the arrest for a minor issue - how many prints are taken?
    I guess I should answer no if I don’t remember?

2. Trips to the U.S. in the last 5 years,
    I’ve spent 3.5 months in the U.S., during this time I also visited Canda, Mexico and Jamaica, should I consider all of those internal trips seperatly? (They didn’t take my I-94 when I visited canada for e.g. on the other hand they also didn’t take it when I left ); bottom line, I I came to the U.S. in june 2009 then I july went for a week in canada, rertunred to the U.S., then in august went for a week to mexico, reutruned, then went to Jamaica, returned to the U.S. and then flew back home; should I wrote all those trips seperaly or as one long trip to the U.S.?

3. Should I remove the i94 from passport to avoid questions?

4. “Do you have any other relatives in the U.S.?”
    I might have some but I don’t have their details and haven’t been in touch with them for years…what should I put?

5. In the Primary occupation,
    If I’m in telecom should I choose computer science or other and write Telecom? I want to avoid TAL – what do you think?

6. Address in the U.S.,
    Do they only mean here the initial address? Should I put the company’s address? I don’t have an address yet…
    1. If do not remember write NO. Also if you have ever been arrested you have mention in the appropriate section.
    2. Every entry and exit from US has to be mentioned separately. Airlines folks not taking your I94 is not an excuse to not return it. You should have handed it to airlines folks. Do return it by following instructions at https://www.immihelp.com/returning-u...4-form-to-cbp/
    3. Better to return it as stated above.
    4.by relatives they mean only blood relatives if you have then you must disclose. Not being in touch is no excuse to not mention them here. There have been cases where a person had his brother and didnt mention in the form. He also gave the same excuse that he wasnt in touch but was refused the visa for mis representation of facts.
    5. Write what is the truth, dont mention something just to avoid scrutiny, it will be more problematic if you don't mention and they still find out.
    6. You can mention the company address or tentative guest house/ hotel you plan to stay.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

answers - please re-comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      1. If do not remember write NO. Also if you have ever been arrested you have mention in the appropriate section.
      2. Every entry and exit from US has to be mentioned separately. Airlines folks not taking your I94 is not an excuse to not return it. You should have handed it to airlines folks. Do return it by following instructions at https://www.immihelp.com/returning-u...4-form-to-cbp/
      3. Better to return it as stated above.
      4.by relatives they mean only blood relatives if you have then you must disclose. Not being in touch is no excuse to not mention them here. There have been cases where a person had his brother and didnt mention in the form. He also gave the same excuse that he wasnt in touch but was refused the visa for mis representation of facts.
      5. Write what is the truth, dont mention something just to avoid scrutiny, it will be more problematic if you don't mention and they still find out.
      6. You can mention the company address or tentative guest house/ hotel you plan to stay.

1. i did mention the arrest; what does it influence if i write yes or no? don't they take prints in any case? maybe i have and don't remember; if i write no can it triger a dely?
      2. i read that if i left by plain it is updated automatically and i don't need to do anything beyond, no? what can i do if i don't remember the dates - i was not stamped upon re-entery- what can i do?
      4. if i have a third degree cousin i only know the name of; what should i do?
      thank you

Comment

1. i did mention the arrest; what does it influence if i write yes or no? don't they take prints in any case? maybe i have and don't remember; if i write no can it triger a dely?
        2. i read that if i left by plain it is updated automatically and i don't need to do anything beyond, no? what can i do if i don't remember the dates - i was not stamped upon re-entery- what can i do?
        4. if i have a third degree cousin i only know the name of; what should i do?
        thank you
        1. Write what is the truth, dont avoid something just because you feel it will delay things. If you dont remember about prints just write NO.
        2.one should always keep track of ones international travel records. You can mention tentative date if not sure. If I94 not returned, follow instruction in the previously mentioned link and return it. Keep appropriate proof.
        3. Third degree cousin are not blood relatives.

Comment

please comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
          1. Write what is the truth, dont avoid something just because you feel it will delay things. If you dont remember about prints just write NO.
          2.one should always keep track of ones international travel records. You can mention tentative date if not sure. If I94 not returned, follow instruction in the previously mentioned link and return it. Keep appropriate proof.
          3. Third degree cousin are not blood relatives.

Hi,

1. The question states “Do you have any other relatives in the U.S.?” are you sure third degree cusins are not included?
          2. are you sure i need to do anything with the I94 - isn't it automatically updated?

Comment

Hi,

1. The question states “Do you have any other relatives in the U.S.?” are you sure third degree cusins are not included?
            2. are you sure i need to do anything with the I94 - isn't it automatically updated?
            1. https://www.immihelp.com/us-visa-ds-...ion-relatives/
            2. It is automatic since last few months. It wasnt so earlier.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X