Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L2 dependent visa validity

Hello

I am working in USA on L1B for my employer XYZ, my visa is valid till Oct 6 2013. I got married very recently, i came back to USA after marriage on Aug 29, 2013 and got I94 valid till Aug 28 2016. My employer said, i no need to file my L1B extension as long as I94 is valid for more than 7 months. My spouse visa appointment is on Sep 19, 2013.

The questions i have are,

1. To approve my spouse's L2 visa, will the VO consider my I94 validity as my visa expiring in 2-3 weeks time when my wife appears for interview?
    2. If the VO considers my I94 validity and approve it, what will be validity of my spouse L2 visa?

Thanks in advance,
    Siraj

Generally, they should go by the I-94 date but sometimes they go by your Visa expiry date. If the L2 Visa expires with your L1 Visa, then your spouse will have to travel before their L2 Visa expires. They can still get the I-94 date for a longer period.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

My wife received L2 visa stamped till Oct 6th 2013. When she reported at POE on Sep 26, 2013, she was questioned about the purpose of travel having the validity for 2 weeks only, later POE officer issued her I94 validity till Oct 2016 Aug 28, same as mine.

Thanks,
      Siraj

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X