L1A to Green Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1A to Green Card

Hi, I came to US on L1B individual in May 2008 and got converted to L1A in May 2011 (after completing 3 years on L1B). Recently in March 2015 my L1A extension was approved and is valid till Mar 2015. My company is planning to apply for GC and came to know that attorney is not OK for EB1C since I came to US on L1B. My company/attorney is saying EB2 is the best fit. Now since EB2 needs labor and my 7 year term completing in March 2015, wanted to understand whether EB2 is really an option. If yes, can someone please explain how does it work? 1) Labor takes 8-10 months for the approval. Do I need to get my L1A changed to H1B next year (considering selected in lottery next year) and once H1B and Labor approved, I can file for H1 extension? Please share your thoughts on the best options available.

As of now though I am checking with the attorney for EB1, wanted to check other options if EB1 doesnt work? Please avise

Hi, can some one let me know your thoughts and inputs...

Comment

Originally posted by manas121 View Post
      Hi, can some one let me know your thoughts and inputs...
      EB1 would be ideal since EB1, if everything goes well, would have helped you get GC by 2015. EB2 will take 5-7 Years or more so yes, eventually you will have to get to H1 if you want to continue staying in US till you get the GC as L1B + L1A validity is max 7 Years, after that in order to continue staying you will have to keep extending your H1 till you get GC.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

L1A to Green Card

Ok. Thank you for the details. Is H1 still an option as I will be completing 6 years next year in L1? Please advise...

Comment

May not be Possible as L1+H1 Max stay is for 6 Years. Advisable to talk to an attorney and proceed as you got to plan carefully the timings of COS, GC filing as well as H1 cap start date.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X