Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

L1B to H1B petition approved, COS abandoned.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B to H1B petition approved, COS abandoned.

Hello,

It will be of great help if you could clarify my doubt.
    I applied for change of status L1B to H1b through a consultant, It was in initial review and I had to travel to India for unavoidable reason. H1B petition got approved but COS got denied as I was in India while USCIS approve my petition. Now I came back to US (sep21st 2013) on L1B and they have given a new I94 which is valid till 2016.

1. Can I stay with my L1B visa with the previous employer as the COS is denied and I entered the US with my L1B, does the oct1st deadline affect me ?
    2. Can I go to India for stamping on a later date say Jan 2014 to get my H1 stamped ?

Originally posted by Vinod Kannan View Post
    Hello,

It will be of great help if you could clarify my doubt.
    I applied for change of status L1B to H1b through a consultant, It was in initial review and I had to travel to India for unavoidable reason. H1B petition got approved but COS got denied as I was in India while USCIS approve my petition. Now I came back to US (sep21st 2013) on L1B and they have given a new I94 which is valid till 2016.

1. Can I stay with my L1B visa with the previous employer as the COS is denied and I entered the US with my L1B, does the oct1st deadline affect me ?
    2. Can I go to India for stamping on a later date say Jan 2014 to get my H1 stamped ?
    1. Yes you can work with L1 employer as your COS to H1 got denied and you would not automatically move to H1 on 01-Oct-2013.
    2. Yes if the H1 petition was approved and you have the latest h1 employment related docs at that time.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X