Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1A visa questions

Hi,

My family has business in Europe for about 20 years. We are trying to launch operations in USA as well. We dont have an office in US yet.

Can our foreign company file I-129 for me for L1A visa?

Do we have to pay $500 fraud prevention fee with $325 filing fee?

Some notes: I went to university in the USA for 5 years, graduated in 2010, stayed in US for a year with OPT, left USA one month before OPT expiration in 2011. I have been working at in a managerial position at my family's company since then. It will be first time that I will have L1 visa. I have had F1 visa for 5 years. I have SSN as well.

What steps I should take in order to have the L1A visa?

Your response would be appreciated.

Originally posted by Coni Mamedov View Post
    Hi,

My family has business in Europe for about 20 years. We are trying to launch operations in USA as well. We dont have an office in US yet.

Can our foreign company file I-129 for me for L1A visa?

Do we have to pay $500 fraud prevention fee with $325 filing fee?

Some notes: I went to university in the USA for 5 years, graduated in 2010, stayed in US for a year with OPT, left USA one month before OPT expiration in 2011. I have been working at in a managerial position at my family's company since then. It will be first time that I will have L1 visa. I have had F1 visa for 5 years. I have SSN as well.

What steps I should take in order to have the L1A visa?

Your response would be appreciated.
    Hello,

I am not sure, but i thought L1 was for Intra company transfer. So, that way the company has to have operations in US as well. Perhaps, your question is once operations are launched in US, then how to file for your L1.

Anyhow, here is a link which might come in handy: https://www.immihelp.com/l1-visa-stamping-documents/

I hope this helps. Wishing you luck.

Cheers,
    These are my personal thoughts. I am not a professional.

Wishing you luck.

Comment

L1A can be used for setting up new offices/branches in US too. Some of the basic criteria are :

New Offices
      For foreign employers seeking to send an employee to the United States as an executive or manager to establish a new office, the employer must also show that:

The employer has secured sufficient physical premises to house the new office;
      The employee has been employed as an executive or manager for one continuous year in the three years preceding the filing of the petition; and
      The intended U.S. office will support an executive or managerial position within one year of the approval of the petition.

Its better that you take guidance from an attorney to maze through this process.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
        L1A can be used for setting up new offices/branches in US too. Some of the basic criteria are :

New Offices
        For foreign employers seeking to send an employee to the United States as an executive or manager to establish a new office, the employer must also show that:

The employer has secured sufficient physical premises to house the new office;
        The employee has been employed as an executive or manager for one continuous year in the three years preceding the filing of the petition; and
        The intended U.S. office will support an executive or managerial position within one year of the approval of the petition.

Its better that you take guidance from an attorney to maze through this process.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
        I meet all those conditions.

My question is should I send $500 fraud prevention fee when I file for L1-A?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X