Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

L1B Have a few questions. Would really love some help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B Have a few questions. Would really love some help!

Hi There!

New member.

Have been reading tons, but I'm really kind of lost and would love some help.

So, I'm a technical sales rep living in Canada but would like to move to California. Where I've worked for 13 years for our Canadian subsidiary in a technical field.
    My company would like me to transfer to the USA but have said they want me to initiate the L1B process.

So here's where my confusion comes in - Do I apply for the DS-160 first before filing the I-129 (L1B application). Or do I fill in the I-129 first?

Also, is there anywhere where I can find a "sample completed I-129" ? Because that form seems very confusing for me. Stuff like: Base Fee, ACWIA Fee, Public Law, Etc. because I've read that some of those fees are not applicable, and some are, but you have to attach exemption forms if they are exempt...

Originally posted by Needhelp126 View Post
    Hi There!

New member.

Have been reading tons, but I'm really kind of lost and would love some help.

So, I'm a technical sales rep living in Canada but would like to move to California. Where I've worked for 13 years for our Canadian subsidiary in a technical field.
    My company would like me to transfer to the USA but have said they want me to initiate the L1B process.

So here's where my confusion comes in - Do I apply for the DS-160 first before filing the I-129 (L1B application). Or do I fill in the I-129 first?

Also, is there anywhere where I can find a "sample completed I-129" ? Because that form seems very confusing for me. Stuff like: Base Fee, ACWIA Fee, Public Law, Etc. because I've read that some of those fees are not applicable, and some are, but you have to attach exemption forms if they are exempt...
    Hello, Needhelp.

Shouldn't your company attorney be filing the L1B petition for you? DS160 comes later, for an appointment at the consulate for stamping the visa on the Passport.

Cheers,
    These are my personal thoughts. I am not a professional.

Wishing you luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Nattybone View Post
      Hello, Needhelp.

Shouldn't your company attorney be filing the L1B petition for you? DS160 comes later, for an appointment at the consulate for stamping the visa on the Passport.

Cheers,

Thanks!

They asked me to fill it in, and they would fill in the info I wouldn't know - I.e. Tax number, How many H1B employees etc.
      So I guess I'll continue filling the I-129 and go from there.

Comment

Originally posted by Needhelp126 View Post
        Thanks!

They asked me to fill it in, and they would fill in the info I wouldn't know - I.e. Tax number, How many H1B employees etc.
        So I guess I'll continue filling the I-129 and go from there.
        Hello,

Yeah, that sounds ok, strange though. So, yeah, you fill up what you can and they shall provide the info that you cannot.

DS160 is the form to book an appointment at the consulate. That comes once the visa is approved and you need to just go to the consulate to have the interview for visa.

Hope this helps.

Wishing you luck.

Cheers,
        These are my personal thoughts. I am not a professional.

Wishing you luck.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X