Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

L1B to H1B I797 Approved. COS Abandoned.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B to H1B I797 Approved. COS Abandoned.

Hello,

It will be of great help if you could clarify my doubt.
    I applied for change of status L1B to H1b through a consultant, It was in initial review and I had to travel to India for unavoidable reason. H1B petition got approved but COS got denied as I was in India while USCIS approve my petition. Now I came back to US (sep21st 2013) on L1B and they have given a new I94 which is valid till Nov 2013 (L1B visa expiry date)

1. Can I stay with my L1B visa with the previous employer as the COS is denied and I entered the US with my L1B, does the oct1st deadline affect me ?
    2. Can I go to India for stamping on a later date say Jan 2014 to get my H1 stamped ? If yes what is needs to be done ex. whether we need to inform USCIS for delay in taking H1B on 1st of OCT'13 to Jan '14?

Thanks

Originally posted by DSKu View Post
    Hello,

It will be of great help if you could clarify my doubt.
    I applied for change of status L1B to H1b through a consultant, It was in initial review and I had to travel to India for unavoidable reason. H1B petition got approved but COS got denied as I was in India while USCIS approve my petition. Now I came back to US (sep21st 2013) on L1B and they have given a new I94 which is valid till Nov 2013 (L1B visa expiry date)

1. Can I stay with my L1B visa with the previous employer as the COS is denied and I entered the US with my L1B, does the oct1st deadline affect me ? --Yes. Since COS was denied, that will not make any different to you.
    2. Can I go to India for stamping on a later date say Jan 2014 to get my H1 stamped ? If yes what is needs to be done ex. whether we need to inform USCIS for delay in taking H1B on 1st of OCT'13 to Jan '14? -- There is nothing to inform. Your H1B employer must not withdraw the petition and provide evidence that the job is still available for you at that time.

Thanks
    See above.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X