X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petition Expiration Date

Hi,
    I am applying for L2 visa and I am trying to schedule an appointment

There is a section regarding Petitioner.(all are mandatory fields)
    Petitioner's name:
    Start Date:
    Receipt Number:
    Expiration Date:

Though all the details are available in Form I-797, the expiration date mentioned in the form is "INDEFINTELY"
    There is a tool-tip for the field mentioning "Passport Expiration Date must be in future."

My Queries are:
    1. What date should be filled in Expiration Date field of the Petitioner section?
    2. If its the passport expiration date? Is it my passport expiration date or my husband's passport expiration date(L1B visa holder, principal applicant, as his company is the petitioner)?

Kindly help me out in filling this field. Thanks in advance

Originally posted by janani2285 View Post
    Hi,
    I am applying for L2 visa and I am trying to schedule an appointment

There is a section regarding Petitioner.(all are mandatory fields)
    Petitioner's name:
    Start Date:
    Receipt Number:
    Expiration Date:

Though all the details are available in Form I-797, the expiration date mentioned in the form is "INDEFINTELY"
    There is a tool-tip for the field mentioning "Passport Expiration Date must be in future."

My Queries are:
    1. What date should be filled in Expiration Date field of the Petitioner section?
    2. If its the passport expiration date? Is it my passport expiration date or my husband's passport expiration date(L1B visa holder, principal applicant, as his company is the petitioner)?

Kindly help me out in filling this field. Thanks in advance

I am facing the same problem....
    What did you finally put as Expiration date ??

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by rMan View Post
      I am facing the same problem....
      What did you finally put as Expiration date ??

Thanks
      Its ur passport (ie. applicant's passport) expiration date, as the tool tip abt the filed says...

Comment

Originally posted by janani2285 View Post
        Its ur passport (ie. applicant's passport) expiration date, as the tool tip abt the filed says...
        My Question to ustraveldocs support :
        I am in the US on H1 visa. My wife was trying to schedule an appointment for her H4 VISA interview after submitting the DS 160 form.
        On the form available at "https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/updatedata" there are following details to be filled:
        Please see my question against each field especially 'EXPIRATION DATE' under 'PETITIONER' section.
        Principle Applicant's Name: Should it be H1 holder's name OR the H4 applicant name
        Principle Applicant's Visa Class: H1 (or H4)

PETITIONER:
        Petitioner's Name: H1 holder's name? OR H1 holder's organization name
        Start Date: H1 holder's petition start date?
        Receipt Number: receipt number printed on I-797 B ?
        Expiration Date: Passport Expiry date of H1 holder? OR Passport Expiry date of H4 applicant? OR petition expiry date?

Their answer:
        In response to your question, we would like to inform you of the following:

1) The principal applicant is the H1-B visa holder.
        2) The petitioner is the employer of the H1-B visa holder.
        3) Please enter the start date and expiration date mentioned on the I-797 form.
        4) Receipt number will be the USCIS receipt number mentioned on the I-797 form; it typically starts with WAC/EAC/LIN.

Disclaimer: This is just my experience. Not a legal advice. The best place to get your answer is the official support team.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X