L1B visa RFE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B visa RFE

Hello Everyone, I need some help regarding my L1B Visa which has been filed on Premium.
    1. I checked the USCIS site for my status and it says the Clock has stopped and it has been more than a day and the Status remains same. Is that an indication it went for RFE again? Just to let you know, this will be the 2nd RFE, if it does go for RFE.

2. Also my Husband is on L1B visa, so can I apply parallely L2 visa and resolve the RFE's for my L1B in the meantime? (I and my Husband will be going India for a 3 week vacation where I can plan for L2 stamping and return back with L2)

3. If answer for 2nd point is yes, for applying L2 do I have to resign from my current Indian employer or I can continue working with my L2 status?

Your answers will really help me take a sound decision.

Originally posted by freezerip View Post
    Hello Everyone, I need some help regarding my L1B Visa which has been filed on Premium.
    1. I checked the USCIS site for my status and it says the Clock has stopped and it has been more than a day and the Status remains same. Is that an indication it went for RFE again? Just to let you know, this will be the 2nd RFE, if it does go for RFE.

2. Also my Husband is on L1B visa, so can I apply parallely L2 visa and resolve the RFE's for my L1B in the meantime? (I and my Husband will be going India for a 3 week vacation where I can plan for L2 stamping and return back with L2)

3. If answer for 2nd point is yes, for applying L2 do I have to resign from my current Indian employer or I can continue working with my L2 status?

Your answers will really help me take a sound decision.
    When did your L1 visa expire? When is your current I94 expiring?

1. Possible but too early to say. Wait for few more days.
    2. Are you planning to do a COS to L2 while being present in US or you planning to attend L2 visa interview while in India and return on L2 visa, if approved?
    3. If you do a COS while in US, or re enter US on L2 visa you cannot work on L2 till you first get an EAD and that can take a few months.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      When did your L1 visa expire? When is your current I94 expiring?

1. Possible but too early to say. Wait for few more days.
      2. Are you planning to do a COS to L2 while being present in US or you planning to attend L2 visa interview while in India and return on L2 visa, if approved?
      3. If you do a COS while in US, or re enter US on L2 visa you cannot work on L2 till you first get an EAD and that can take a few months.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

(a) L1 visa and I94 will expire by 22nd Nov. But we are going to India on 26th Oct for a three week vacation. So by 17th Nov we will be back, 1 week before my current visa gets expired. I have read and heard from many that atleast you require a month validity on your Visa to re enter US. Is that the case? or can I still enter by telling the officer that my extension is in progress?

1. Thanks for the hope, I will wait few more days.
      2. As I am going India any ways, so I was planning to do COS in India, as an alternative way to reenter US. But not sure If I can apply for L2 if L1 is in progress or RFE status?
      3. But I do not have to resign the current Indian employer,correct? I can take leave till I get EAD and resume work with them after I get.

Comment

Originally posted by freezerip View Post
        (a) L1 visa and I94 will expire by 22nd Nov, 13. But we are going to India on 26th Oct, 13 for a three week vacation. So by 17th Nov, 13 we will be back, 1 week before my current visa gets expired. I have read and heard from many that atleast you require a month validity on your Visa to re enter US. Is that the case? or can I still enter by telling the officer that my extension is in progress?

1. Thanks for the hope, I will wait few more days.
        2. As I am going India any ways, so I was planning to do COS in India, as an alternative way to reenter US. But not sure If I can apply for L2 if L1 is in progress or RFE status?
        3. But I do not have to resign the current Indian employer,correct? I can take leave till I get EAD and resume work with them after I get.

Any update on this...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X