Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• date error in DS-160

Hi,

I am PRIYADARSHNI and going to have my LI-B VISA interview on Nov 4th 2013. I have the OFC appointment on 22nd Oct 2013.

While I was filling up the DS-160 form , I made a mistake in the passport date of issue and expiration date due to the date format difference( DD/MM/YYYY) in my passport.
    The date of issue in my passport is 08/01/2013 which is in (DD/MM/YYYY) but I misinterpreted it in MM/DD/YYYY and gave the date of issue as Aug 1st 2013 instead of Jan 8th 2013.

The same error has happened in my passport expiration date also. I have read in these web links that we could create a new DS-160 with a new bar code and carry both DS 160s( since I had used the first DS-160 to book the interview appointment) on the scheduled interview date of 4th November 2013.

Please advise if I could just explain that it was a date format misinterpretation mistake I made while filling the application during the interview OR create a new DS-160 with a new bar code and carry both DS 160s( since I had used the first DS-160 to book the interview appointment) on the scheduled interview date of 4th November 2013.

Thanks,
    Priya

The bar code is used to read the DS-160 and that is when they see your information, some just go to the interview with the incorrect data and it can be corrected there, others do make a new Ds-160 both are ok to do. I guess it would depend on the officer and how mad he/she might get for the mistake. I am sure they have seen this before and it is not a big deal to fix.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X