Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1/L2 visa questions

Hi,

1. I have a L1B visa and would like to apply L2 for my wife and child. They will apply from the Delhi office. Is it mandatory that both parents need to be present for the child visa or is the presence of 1 parent sufficient?

2. I have an annotation on the visa of PED feb/2014 because the actual visa does not expire until 2018. Do i need a new I-797 after Feb 2014? Am i safe to travel to USA before Feb 2014?

Thanks

Originally posted by lkospa View Post
    Hi,

1. I have a L1B visa and would like to apply L2 for my wife and child. They will apply from the Delhi office. Is it mandatory that both parents need to be present for the child visa or is the presence of 1 parent sufficient?

2. I have an annotation on the visa of PED feb/2014 because the actual visa does not expire until 2018. Do i need a new I-797 after Feb 2014? Am i safe to travel to USA before Feb 2014?

Thanks
    1. No need of both the parents.
    2. It seems it is individual L1 B. Yes you would need a new I797 post Feb 2014. You should be good to travel but with the annotation you will most likely get I94 only till Feb 2014.

This is my opinion. Not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks
      Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      1. No need of both the parents.
      Do i need any notarized document for the absent parent?

Please can you point to me any documentation on what is required for my wife and child L2 visa.

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      2. It seems it is individual L1 B. Yes you would need a new I797 post Feb 2014. You should be good to travel but with the annotation you will most likely get I94 only till Feb 2014.

This is my opinion. Not legal advice.
      Is that something I can do after entering the US before February? Can i overstay my I94?

Comment

1. There is no specific format . It can be a notarized letter stating full name and passport number of the minor child along with date and place of birth, and specifically authorize the other parent to accompany the minor child for the visa interview and subsequent travel to the U.S. It is also good to specify the date and time of visa interview.

2. Are you planning to travel out and back to US before Feb 2014? . It is never advisable to overstay ones I-94.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X