Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 B Individual Extension

Hi ,

I am currently in US and i am due for my visa extension in few months. My first visa is L1-B Blanket(3years) and the utilization was only 1.5 years. Next extension was on L1-B Individual and the utilization was full(2years). Now, Out of 5 years(allowed limit for L1-B) i am done with 3.5years. So, now, What would be the most favorable category to apply?. Would another extension for 1.5 years is good enough or a new category like L1-A is required? I would like to get some feedback from pros before i talk to our logistics team.

Thanks a ton in advance!!

Thanks
    Arjun.

Originally posted by arjunpv View Post
    Hi ,

I am currently in US and i am due for my visa extension in few months. My first visa is L1-B Blanket(3years) and the utilization was only 1.5 years. Next extension was on L1-B Individual and the utilization was full(2years). Now, Out of 5 years(allowed limit for L1-B) i am done with 3.5years. So, now, What would be the most favorable category to apply?. Would another extension for 1.5 years is good enough or a new category like L1-A is required? I would like to get some feedback from pros before i talk to our logistics team.

Thanks a ton in advance!!

Thanks
    Arjun.
    L1B and L1A arent interchangeable as per se. If you qualify for L1A you can apply for L1A too. If approved L1A allows for total 7 Years of L1 stay.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

L1 B Individual Extension

thank you very much for getting back to me. I forgot to mention my overall IT experience. It is 8.5years. By the way, my logistics team opines that i am very much eligible for L1-A. But i heard/read somewhere that visa extension from L1-B individual to another L1-B individual is always favorable than L1-B to L1-A. Is that a true statement? I primarily have two options, get a fresh L1-A or claim the un-used period of 1.5years of L1-B. So, Which one amongst the two is most favorable as per your past experience or stats?? Would be grateful to hear from you.

Comment

Originally posted by arjunpv View Post
        thank you very much for getting back to me. I forgot to mention my overall IT experience. It is 8.5years. By the way, my logistics team opines that i am very much eligible for L1-A. But i heard/read somewhere that visa extension from L1-B individual to another L1-B individual is always favorable than L1-B to L1-A. Is that a true statement? I primarily have two options, get a fresh L1-A or claim the un-used period of 1.5years of L1-B. So, Which one amongst the two is most favorable as per your past experience or stats?? Would be grateful to hear from you.
        Overall experience isnt the only factor. There are no stats available in public domain regarding conversion successes. But my opinion is that getting an L1A (with your experience) is much more difficult than getting and L1B Individual extension.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

L1 B Individual Extension

okay thank you very much for your inputs.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X