L1B Blanket Visa- Total Duration of stay in US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B Blanket Visa- Total Duration of stay in US

I got L1B Blanket Visa stamped in 3rd May 2010 valid till 2nd May 2013.

I reached USA on 23rd May 2010, I got I-94 of 3 years i.e. till 2nd May 2013..I stayed there for 8 months only and came back on 17th Jan 2011 (8 months stay) because of personnel reason. Later again, I came US using same L1B visa on 10th Sep 2011 and came back on 11 Nov 2011 (2 months stay).

Means, total of 10 months I stayed in US using L1B Blanket visa and now the visa has expired on 2nd May 2013.

I heard that, L1B visa is valid for 3 years period stay in USA...i.e. since I stayed 10 months, I could reuse same Visa and stay more 2 years and 2 months...Is this correct?
    For this, I only need to get my Visa re-stamped and go??..is this correct?

Looking for the response on this.

Thanks,
    Saurabh Garg

Originally posted by saurabhgarg3 View Post
    I got L1B Blanket Visa stamped in 3rd May 2010 valid till 2nd May 2013.

I reached USA on 23rd May 2010, I got I-94 of 3 years i.e. till 2nd May 2013..I stayed there for 8 months only and came back on 17th Jan 2011 (8 months stay) because of personnel reason. Later again, I came US using same L1B visa on 10th Sep 2011 and came back on 11 Nov 2011 (2 months stay).

Means, total of 10 months I stayed in US using L1B Blanket visa and now the visa has expired on 2nd May 2013.

I heard that, L1B visa is valid for 3 years period stay in USA...i.e. since I stayed 10 months, I could reuse same Visa and stay more 2 years and 2 months...Is this correct?
    For this, I only need to get my Visa re-stamped and go??..is this correct?

Looking for the response on this.

Thanks,
    Saurabh Garg
    If it was L1 Blanket you just need to get a new I129 from your employer and take the blanket I797, along with your L1B specialization evidences and attend the interview after fillign DS-160 and taking interview appointment.

If it was L1 Individual you would need a new petition.

Of course, in both cases the employer should be willing.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X