L1B Visa rejected twice in a year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B Visa rejected twice in a year

My name is Murali, i have attended L1B Visa interview in Chennai Consulate Office on 30th August 2013. Consulate Officer asked me the questions like:
    1. For which company you work for?
    Answered as: I work for YYYY company
    2. What is the duration of your travel?
    Said as: 6 months
    3. What you are going to do in US?
    Said: Product Enhancements and Development of our Company proprietary product.
    4. Can you elaborate about your product what it does?
    Said: about product
    5. Why they choosen you?
    Said: On this proprietary product i have the 2.5 years of experience and having expertise knowledge on the proprietary YYYY product.
    6. How much you get Salary in US?
    Said: $ YYYY
    After that they discussed 5 minutes with his colleague. They decided to reject me.

Again my company processed the same L1B visa after 4 months. Today i have attended the interview with full preparation but it got rejected again i don't know why it got rejected. This time the Consulate Officer asked me only three questions.
    The Questions are:
    1. Which company you work for?
    2. When did you applied before the same Visa? A). I said the previously attended date.
    3. What do you do in US?

Consular Officer by saying that, you can't apply the same visa which was rejected previously. Please check with your HRS and apply in different category.

But in our office who ever applied second time for L1B, most of the people got approved. But for me it happened like that... don't know why it happened...!
    Last edited by mdhar9e; 12-13-2013, 01:58 PM. Reason: tags added

Originally posted by mdhar9e View Post
    My name is Murali, i have attended L1B Visa interview in Chennai Consulate Office on 30th August 2013. Consulate Officer asked me the questions like:
    1. For which company you work for?
    Answered as: I work for YYYY company
    2. What is the duration of your travel?
    Said as: 6 months
    3. What you are going to do in US?
    Said: Product Enhancements and Development of our Company proprietary product.
    4. Can you elaborate about your product what it does?
    Said: about product
    5. Why they choosen you?
    Said: On this proprietary product i have the 2.5 years of experience and having expertise knowledge on the proprietary YYYY product.
    6. How much you get Salary in US?
    Said: $ YYYY
    After that they discussed 5 minutes with his colleague. They decided to reject me.

Again my company processed the same L1B visa after 4 months. Today i have attended the interview with full preparation but it got rejected again i don't know why it got rejected. This time the Consulate Officer asked me only three questions.
    The Questions are:
    1. Which company you work for?
    2. When did you applied before the same Visa? A). I said the previously attended date.
    3. What do you do in US?

Consular Officer by saying that, you can't apply the same visa which was rejected previously. Please check with your HRS and apply in different category.

But in our office who ever applied second time for L1B, most of the people got approved. But for me it happened like that... don't know why it happened...!
    Without knowing the YYYY s and many other details its not possible to assess the reasons. Also it wouldn't be possible to compare others cases with yours. Every Officer and Case is different. Also, applying within 4 Months wasn't wise.

I would say try in L1 individual or H1 Category next time.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Without knowing the YYYY s and many other details its not possible to assess the reasons. Also it wouldn't be possible to compare others cases with yours. Every Officer and Case is different. Also, applying within 4 Months wasn't wise.

I would say try in L1 individual or H1 Category next time.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Thanks for your advice.

Comment

Need suggestion

Hi Murali,
        My L1B also rejected twice recently , could you suggest is it good to apply for L1 Individual immediately or require any cooling time. Your suggestion is really appreciated

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X