• Show
Clear All

• L-1B VISa Extension

Hi,

My L1B and I94 expired on 06/21/2013.

Extension was filed on 06/11/2013
    Received RFE on 08/20/2013
    Submitted RFE response on 10/11/2013

As of now there is no update from USCIS. It is showing RFE Response Review status.

Can you please suggest, how much more time it may take?

Also i have read here on this forum that i cannot stay in US beyond 240 days. My assumption is it is from the I129 application date.Please correct me if i'm wrong.
    In case, i leave the country without any result, would there be any problem reentering US on a new visa since i stayed more that 180 days without any status?

Any response is sincerely appreciated.

Originally posted by zeal.uk View Post
    Hi,

My L1B and I94 expired on 06/21/2013.

Extension was filed on 06/11/2013
    Received RFE on 08/20/2013
    Submitted RFE response on 10/11/2013

As of now there is no update from USCIS. It is showing RFE Response Review status.

Can you please suggest, how much more time it may take?

Also i have read here on this forum that i cannot stay in US beyond 240 days. My assumption is it is from the I129 application date.Please correct me if i'm wrong.
    In case, i leave the country without any result, would there be any problem reentering US on a new visa since i stayed more that 180 days without any status?

Any response is sincerely appreciated.
    1. Its 240 days from I-94 expiry date. Feb 16, 2014.
    2. In case you leave without decision, no effect, but in future visa applications you do have to mention that you overstayed.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      1. Its 240 days from I-94 expiry date. Feb 16, 2014.
      2. In case you leave without decision, no effect, but in future visa applications you do have to mention that you overstayed.

Thanks alot raghvi for such a quick response. sorry to bother you with another question.

Can you please suggest, how much more time it may take to get a response from USCIS?
      If the extension is rejected before 240 days, would there be any issue regarding the more than 180 day Out of Status stay for new visa application?

Comment

Originally posted by zeal.uk View Post
        Thanks alot raghvi for such a quick response. sorry to bother you with another question.

Can you please suggest, how much more time it may take to get a response from USCIS?
        If the extension is rejected before 240 days, would there be any issue regarding the more than 180 day Out of Status stay for new visa application?
        I dont think there is any issues. The 180 Days rule is generally for those who stay illegally.

As for the time, no one can predict. USCIS allows one to file extension request upto 6 Months before expiry so technically you could have applied in Dec 2012 itself and would have got result by now. Or you could have applied in premium in June itself, why the hurry now?

Comment

Thanks for your help. I tried to file premium but my employer didn't let me. Anyways i'll post any updates from my side so others with similar situation may somehow help.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X