Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B to New H1B - **I94 & Travel Issue**

Hi
    I’m working with company A on L1B valid until Jan 2015 and A is not ready to file H1 this year since L1 is valid till Jan 2015 & they are thinking of L1 extension when it’s due…
    And on the other hand company B is assisting me file H1B this year. Now there is couple of situations and I haven’t really found an answer on it…Would truly appreciate your feedback on this…
    I came back to the US on L1 in May 2013 and since my passport was expiring in Jun 2014, I-94 was given to me only up to June 2014. Currently my passport is under renewal process. Now the problem is I have to go to India in May 2014 & return in June 2014 due to some company policy…
    1. What would be the impact on H1 application when I return in June 2014 on L1? I have read that if I return on L1, the COS will get abandoned and it will be in CP.
    2. Is it wise enough to visit India for a week to have the I-94 extended before H1 filing? I was thinking of crossing US-Canada border & come back with a new I-94 however my PP is still with the consulate and I’m not sure how long it takes for Canada visa process (And then anyways I will have to go back to India for a month in May 2014.)
    3. What if I don’t come back in June 2014 and decide to wait in India till I hear back if my H1B is approved or not?
    4. In case H1B is approved , can I have that transferred to my Company A. ( I know that’s not possible, but just want to confirm)
    Please suggest what’s the best way

Originally posted by dsp143 View Post
    Hi
    I’m working with company A on L1B valid until Jan 2015 and A is not ready to file H1 this year since L1 is valid till Jan 2015 & they are thinking of L1 extension when it’s due…
    And on the other hand company B is assisting me file H1B this year. Now there is couple of situations and I haven’t really found an answer on it…Would truly appreciate your feedback on this…
    I came back to the US on L1 in May 2013 and since my passport was expiring in Jun 2014, I-94 was given to me only up to June 2014. Currently my passport is under renewal process. Now the problem is I have to go to India in May 2014 & return in June 2014 due to some company policy…
    1. What would be the impact on H1 application when I return in June 2014 on L1? I have read that if I return on L1, the COS will get abandoned and it will be in CP.
    2. Is it wise enough to visit India for a week to have the I-94 extended before H1 filing? I was thinking of crossing US-Canada border & come back with a new I-94 however my PP is still with the consulate and I’m not sure how long it takes for Canada visa process (And then anyways I will have to go back to India for a month in May 2014.)
    3. What if I don’t come back in June 2014 and decide to wait in India till I hear back if my H1B is approved or not?
    4. In case H1B is approved , can I have that transferred to my Company A. ( I know that’s not possible, but just want to confirm)
    Please suggest what’s the best way
    Duplicate post : http://www.immihelp.com/forum/showth...p-Travel-issue

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X