Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 visa and subsequent L1 visa

Hi Immihelp friends

I was in USA for less than 2 years on H1 visa with Company A. This was from October 2011 to June 2013.
    I relocated to India in June 2013 and joined another company. Say Company B.
    I work in Company B as Vice President, they have branches in India, US and many other countries. They have Blanket L1 approvals.
    I want to initiate talk with Company B for my relocation back to US on L1A.
    I will complete 1 year of work in Company B in India branch by June 2014.
    Is this 1 year enough for my company B to apply for my L1A?

If I get on L1A, my wife can work there and green card process will be quicker. So I prefer that route. Before I go to my company legal team, I wanted to get opinion.

I head rumours about such H1 to L1 requiring 3 years wait time. I hope that's incorrect.

Please advice. Your help will be much appreciated.

Originally posted by suryasneha View Post
    Hi Immihelp friends

I was in USA for less than 2 years on H1 visa with Company A. This was from October 2011 to June 2013.
    I relocated to India in June 2013 and joined another company. Say Company B.
    I work in Company B as Vice President, they have branches in India, US and many other countries. They have Blanket L1 approvals.
    I want to initiate talk with Company B for my relocation back to US on L1A.
    I will complete 1 year of work in Company B in India branch by June 2014.
    Is this 1 year enough for my company B to apply for my L1A?

If I get on L1A, my wife can work there and green card process will be quicker. So I prefer that route. Before I go to my company legal team, I wanted to get opinion.

I head rumours about such H1 to L1 requiring 3 years wait time. I hope that's incorrect.

Please advice. Your help will be much appreciated.
    No such rule.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X