VWP & L1B Help and suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VWP & L1B Help and suggestions

Hi, I've been researching and looking for information full time for approximately a week so far, also paying for professional consultants, and I feel the need of a more indepth clarification and I hope you can help, as I've seen there are a lot of competent and experienced people in here
    In short my case is as follows:
    I work in Italy for a multinational company which has offices in USA also. They are requesting me to work on a project in the United States. They would like me to fly there next week.
    I'm eager to join this project as soon as possible and I think this is a great opportunity for my professional and personal growth. I knew immigration rules in USA were very strict so I wondered if it was regular to be able to go there to work in a so short period of time (using ESTA and VWP). I discovered that it is illegal and I'm afraid of violating the US Immigration rules.
    I've got in touch with my boss in Italy and told him about this and he agreed with me to go for the regular way and it sounds strange to me that a company that has thousands of employees across all the continents is not aware of those rules and doesn't have internal processes to handle them.
    Moreover, I wonder how can they test my skills and decide if it is worth to spend the money and time needed to request a Visa (probably and L1B) and Work Permit if I can't even go there for a short time and get in touch with them?
    I was thinking about considering a short trip as an interview (explicitly declaring it when I arrive in the US, saying I'm willing to meet the team, go back to Italy and have the company request an L1B for me).. Is it considered regular? I asked a lawyer and he told me there's the risk that the American Consul could deny me the Visa during the interview because of that.
    I want to make things regularly so I really appreciate any suggestions/clarifications you are willing to give me..

Thanks in advance
    Francesco
    Last edited by Francesco Rossi; 01-31-2014, 11:15 AM.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X