H1 to L1A Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 to L1A Conversion

I have an H1 visa valid till April 2015. I am planning to travel soon to the US but the issues is that my husband will not be able to work if I travel on H1. My employer is ready to convert this to an L1A since I satisfy the criteria but they say it can be processed only when I am in the US. Here are my questions

1. If all goes well how long would the conversion from h1 to l1a take approximately?
    2. Can my husband's H4 to L2 conversion be done in parallel or can that be initiated only after my visa conversion is complete?
    3. Approximately how long after getting L2 will it be legal for my husband to start looking for work and start working?

Would really appreciate your responses.

Originally posted by Lookingforinfo View Post
    I have an H1 visa valid till April 2015. I am planning to travel soon to the US but the issues is that my husband will not be able to work if I travel on H1. My employer is ready to convert this to an L1A since I satisfy the criteria but they say it can be processed only when I am in the US. Here are my questions

1. If all goes well how long would the conversion from h1 to l1a take approximately?
    2. Can my husband's H4 to L2 conversion be done in parallel or can that be initiated only after my visa conversion is complete?
    3. Approximately how long after getting L2 will it be legal for my husband to start looking for work and start working?

Would really appreciate your responses.
    Its not that H1 to L1 can be processed only in US. It may be an internal policy.

1. 3-4 Weeks premium, 2-4 Months normal processing. Without RFEs.
    2. It can be done in parallel.
    3. You can apply your H1 to L1 (I539, I129s), his H4 to L2(I539) and EAD(I765) for him to work, all together once all are approved, he can start working.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X