Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

L1B - what is the criteria for giving an extended I 94 date at Port of entry ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B - what is the criteria for giving an extended I 94 date at Port of entry ?

I recently re-entered Miami, united states on December 28th 2013 with my visa expiring in 2 months on March 3rd 2014. The immigration officer gave mine (L1) and my wifes (L2) I -94 dates same as Visa expiry dates. One of my colleague who had same visa expiry date entered a month before me and he got his I-94 extended till 2016 at Miami.

1. What is the criteria for getting an extended I-94 ?
    2. I am planning to visit Bahamas this weekend (Feb 7 - returning Feb 10) with my I-94 and Visa valid till 3rd March. Is there any risk ?
    3. What are the chances of getting I-94 extended when i re-enter on Feb 10 from Bahamas ?

Originally posted by knizamudeen View Post
    I recently re-entered Miami, united states on December 28th 2013 with my visa expiring in 2 months on March 3rd 2014. The immigration officer gave mine (L1) and my wifes (L2) I -94 dates same as Visa expiry dates. One of my colleague who had same visa expiry date entered a month before me and he got his I-94 extended till 2016 at Miami.

1. What is the criteria for getting an extended I-94 ?
    2. I am planning to visit Bahamas this weekend (Feb 7 - returning Feb 10) with my I-94 and Visa valid till 3rd March. Is there any risk ?
    3. What are the chances of getting I-94 extended when i re-enter on Feb 10 from Bahamas ?
    1.Honestly speaking I dont think there is a set criteria. Each officer to their own, the Field Manual used to say by default 3 Years but they seem to have done away with that now and its up to the officer.
    2. I dont see as long as you travel before visa expiry.
    3. As said no one can predict.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X