Got 5 more years for L1b extension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got 5 more years for L1b extension

My L1B is going to be expired in 03/2014 for 5years, I went to extend for 180 more days because I was not in US during this 5 years. It suppose to be 10/2014. BUT I got 5 more years for my new L1B and 3 years on the stamp when entering the US.
    I am totally confused, but my company attorney told me I still need to follow the 5 years maximum rule until 10/2014.
    What is going on? I wonder why all officers made mistakes or the rules change in 2014?
    Can I just ignore the mistake and follow my new VISA and I94?

VISA expiration :1/2019
    PED: no exp.
    I94 : 1/2017

Originally posted by Samkuo View Post
    My L1B is going to be expired in 03/2014 for 5years, I went to extend for 180 more days because I was not in US during this 5 years. It suppose to be 10/2014. BUT I got 5 more years for my new L1B and 3 years on the stamp when entering the US.
    I am totally confused, but my company attorney told me I still need to follow the 5 years maximum rule until 10/2014.
    What is going on? I wonder why all officers made mistakes or the rules change in 2014?
    Can I just ignore the mistake and follow my new VISA and I94?

VISA expiration :1/2019
    PED: no exp.
    I94 : 1/2017
    USCIS/CBP Officers sometime do make mistakes. Your attorney is right, dont try to benefit from these mistakes.

They will eventually find out and make you illegal retroactively if wrongly benefited.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X