L1 blanket RFE received on Feb 12th 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 blanket RFE received on Feb 12th 2014

I got RFE on my Visa extension of L1 Blanket.

I asked to my empolyer and they gave me a as usual excuse that there is nothing from your side , docuement required is from employer only.

So thery are going to send the docuement requested against RFE.

BTW the application applied for extension on 15th OCt 2013 and I got RFE on 12th Feb 2014.

I need input on this:

As H1 takes long time to process, eventhough my employer is ready to apply for H1 , I have to travel back to india and I can only travel back oct 2014, So can I ask them to apply for L1 individual on premium processing, how much time L1 premium takes to get approver and what is the possibility of getting apporval if L1 blanket extension is already in process?

Originally posted by visahelp04 View Post
    I got RFE on my Visa extension of L1 Blanket.

I asked to my empolyer and they gave me a as usual excuse that there is nothing from your side , docuement required is from employer only.

So thery are going to send the docuement requested against RFE.

BTW the application applied for extension on 15th OCt 2013 and I got RFE on 12th Feb 2014.

I need input on this:

As H1 takes long time to process, eventhough my employer is ready to apply for H1 , I have to travel back to india and I can only travel back oct 2014, So can I ask them to apply for L1 individual on premium processing, how much time L1 premium takes to get approver and what is the possibility of getting apporval if L1 blanket extension is already in process?
    I dont know how applying L1 individual will help you now. Assuming your I-94 has already expired in before today, then it hardly matters whether you apply L1 Individual or H1, without first securing the current L1B extension approval any other Status filing with USCIS is not going to be fruitful.

Respond to L1 extension RFE and wait, if approved good, if denied , leave US. As a back up plan, also file H1 in April 2014, so if L1 extension is rejected, and H1 is approved , you can go out of US get H1 stamping done and return on H1 around Sept End/Oct.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks for your valuable feedback.
      I am saying about L1 individual to know can I apply for L1 individual when L1 Blanket is in processing.
      So it might not take long time for approval like H1 takes and then I can travel back to US ASAP.
      So is it feasible to apply L1 individual when L1 Blanket is in process?
      Any decision made against L1 blanket will affect the L1 individual?

Comment

Hi,

I have applied for L1 extension on 4th Oct 2013 and my case is still in "Initial review"
        By when do you have to reply for your RFE?

Comment

Originally posted by justavisitor View Post
          Hi,

I have applied for L1 extension on 4th Oct 2013 and my case is still in "Initial review"
          By when do you have to reply for your RFE?
          When you already have a thread going on for your questions, why are you posting in another thread?

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
            When you already have a thread going on for your questions, why are you posting in another thread?
            Hi Raghvi,
            If you read my message, I am asking the original poster the amount of time he has got to reply for his RFE. If you do not feel like answering, please ignore.

Comment

Not to offend or anything, I mentioned it because it takes the flow away from the exisiting thread.

The time by which to respond to RFE is almost always mentioned in the RFE itself. If not , then follow guidelines here

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by visahelp04 View Post
              Thanks for your valuable feedback.
              I am saying about L1 individual to know can I apply for L1 individual when L1 Blanket is in processing.
              So it might not take long time for approval like H1 takes and then I can travel back to US ASAP.
              So is it feasible to apply L1 individual when L1 Blanket is in process?
              Any decision made against L1 blanket will affect the L1 individual?
              When you say L1 Individual application do you mean applying for it in home country? Yes you can certainly do that. An L1 Individual petition would need to be sent to USCIS for approval, and upon approval of the same , you would have to attend the interview at US consulate. L1 Blanket extension denial or abandonment (by travelling out while it is pending ) would need you to mention your overstay period(in the DS-160) from your I-94 expiry till the date of exit.

Comment

Thanks Raghvi for the information.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X