Change of Job after L1B - H1B COS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change of Job after L1B - H1B COS

Please let me know if one can change jobs before 1 Oct 2014 if one has an approved L1B to H1B COS. Per my understanding if you do a COS then you are on H1B before 1 Oct 2014 itself so you can change jobs before.

Please let me know if that is possible.

Originally posted by Abhishek123 View Post
    Please let me know if one can change jobs before 1 Oct 2014 if one has an approved L1B to H1B COS. Per my understanding if you do a COS then you are on H1B before 1 Oct 2014 itself so you can change jobs before.

Please let me know if that is possible.
    Even if your COS gets approved before, actual Change of Status doesn't happen till 01-Oct-2014.

You can certainly get the different employer to file a cap exempt petition but the new employment can only begin on or after 01-Oct-2014.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Even if your COS gets approved before, actual Change of Status doesn't happen till 01-Oct-2014.

You can certainly get the different employer to file a cap exempt petition but the new employment can only begin on or after 01-Oct-2014.

So with COS after 01-Oct -2014 one can change employer anyday provided the new employer agrees to transfer the Visa

Comment

Originally posted by Abhishek123 View Post
        So with COS after 01-Oct -2014 one can change employer anyday provided the new employer agrees to transfer the Visa
        From the COS date onward you have to initially work with the initial employer who filed your COS. Suppose Employer A filed your COS from L1 to H1 with start date of 01-Oct-2014. If COS is approved, you have to work with Employer A, another employer B can file a transfer, but you would need to show pay stubs from employer A to prove your valid H1 status. Advisable to have at least few pay stubs from employer A on H1 before filing transfer to B.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X