X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 to H1B and L2 to H1B

Hi

I am in L1 working with L1B valid till aug 2015,

my dependent working in L2 valid through same, I am planning to change his L2 to H1b this year in premium process this April 2014,

in this case

1. shall I process my H1b also in normal term 2014 april? or '
    2. should I process my H1b in 2015 April ? or
    3. shall I continue in L1 , in that case will help to get my GC soon than changing to H1b and apply for GC?

Originally posted by sharadesi View Post
    Hi

I am in L1 working with L1B valid till aug 2015,

my dependent working in L2 valid through same, I am planning to change his L2 to H1b this year in premium process this April 2014,

in this case

1. shall I process my H1b also in normal term 2014 april? or '
    2. should I process my H1b in 2015 April ? or
    3. shall I continue in L1 , in that case will help to get my GC soon than changing to H1b and apply for GC?
    As mentioned in my other post http://www.immihelp.com/forum/showth...1B-Best-for-GC first determine in which category your future employer is willing to file your GC. If under EB2/EB3, you will eventually need to move to H1 as EB2/EB3 are takign 8-12 Years. So the earlier the better. But if you move to H1 then your spouse would cease to be on L2 and hence L2 would need H1 of own to continue to work.

As it was H1 lottery last time, and it seems again it would be in lottery this year too, you would need to plan out your options. Technically, as your L1 is expiring in Aug 2015, in order to do a COS in Oct 2015 to H1 you would first need to get L1 extension approved. So would advise to file H1 as consular process this year to keep valid options.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X