Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying for L2 Separately

Hi,

I had applied for my L1A in the last week of Dec'13 and recently got an approval notice. While my L1A was being petitioned, my wife and my 4 months old daughter had no passport and so couldn't mention their passport details (name and other personal details were filled in) in my L1 application forms. I have the passports of my wife and daughter ready now.

I am still in my country (India) and have not moved to the US. We are planning to take up the Visa Interview dates together. What is the procedure to initiate the L2 Visas for my wife and my daughter? Should my employer start by petitioning for their L2, or can I straight away start by filling up the DS160 form online?

Thanks in advance.
    Ramanan

Originally posted by ramanan1986 View Post
    Hi,

I had applied for my L1A in the last week of Dec'13 and recently got an approval notice. While my L1A was being petitioned, my wife and my 4 months old daughter had no passport and so couldn't mention their passport details (name and other personal details were filled in) in my L1 application forms. I have the passports of my wife and daughter ready now.

I am still in my country (India) and have not moved to the US. We are planning to take up the Visa Interview dates together. What is the procedure to initiate the L2 Visas for my wife and my daughter? Should my employer start by petitioning for their L2, or can I straight away start by filling up the DS160 form online?

Thanks in advance.
    Ramanan
    There is no petition for L2. All you need to do is fill DS-160 for your spouse and daughter and let them attend L2 interview along with the requisite documents - https://www.immihelp.com/l2-visa-stamping-documents/

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X