L1a extension denied what to do ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1a extension denied what to do ?

Hi, my husband left USA right after we received the denial on feb 18th. My kids and me had a L2 wich expired 11 dec 2013 same date of the L1a expiration. We did n t leave. We have two teenagers. 12 th grade and 11th grade. They have to finish american school before any changement in their life. I need advices for my husband and what to do with the kids.

Originally posted by natasha View Post
    Hi, my husband left USA right after we received the denial on feb 18th. My kids and me had a L2 wich expired 11 dec 2013 same date of the L1a expiration. We did n t leave. We have two teenagers. 12 th grade and 11th grade. They have to finish american school before any changement in their life. I need advices for my husband and what to do with the kids.
    I dont think that L2 dependents can stay in US while L1 is not present or is denied extension. A long overstay can be very harmful in terms of being banned for long periods.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

L1 visa extension- denied

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      I dont think that L2 dependents can stay in US while L1 is not present or is denied extension. A long overstay can be very harmful in terms of being banned for long periods.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      So even if the L2 have valid I-94 till 2015, but my extension is denied ( but under review due to USCIS error). Can the dependents stay in US, while I travel back to India for VISA stamping based on the approved petition. This in case I have to travel back, even after USCIS review they deny the extension.

Or is it advisable for the dependents are also to travel back.

2) What happens If I alone travel back to India for visa stamping, if the visa is rejected for me. Will the dependent have any problem while they are in US and they plan to travel back after a couple of weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

So even if the L2 have valid I-94 till 2015, but my extension is denied ( but under review due to USCIS error). Can the dependents stay in US, while I travel back to India for VISA stamping based on the approved petition. This in case I have to travel back, even after USCIS review they deny the extension.

Or is it advisable for the dependents are also advised to travel back.

2) What happens If I alone travel back to India for visa stamping, if the visa is rejected for me. Will the dependent have any problem while they are in US and the family plan to travel back after couple of weeks.
      Last edited by Chinni123; 02-28-2014, 09:48 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X