L2 to h1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L2 to h1

I am on L2 visa and my wife is on L1 valid upto Aug 2015. I am planning to work for an employer who will also file an H1B visa for me. My wife's company will not extend the visa and file for H1/GC. I hold a 3 year bachelor degree from India and I am enrolled in a top B-School for an MS which will commence in May 2014 and be over in May 2015. Effectively I will not be having a Master's degree by April 01 2015. I had the following doubts..

1. Will my 3 year degree from India considered to be a Bachelor degree for the purpose of H1B. I have 10 years of experience in the same field...

2. The B-School says that I am not eligible for a F1 visa since the course is a part time course. In that case I cannot fall back on having a valid F1 visa even after my L2 expires. How would I be able to extend my stay and work here in the US? The MS would be only helping me to get a advanced degree which I will not be able to use even in the 20,000 special cap for Master degree holders since I would be getting it after April 1st. Should I look for a course which will give me the option of getting a F1 visa?

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X