L1 petition approved but extension denied

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 petition approved but extension denied

L1 extension petition was approved but the extension for stay was denied, which I think is most likely an USCIS overlook/error. They have stated that I was not physically present when the extension was filed by the company.
    Now the company has spoken to USCIS officer and created a service request on 24th Feb to re look into the issue. My I94 expired on Feb 12th. Now they gave time till March 12th to respond.
    So, my question is when the service request is pending with USCIS am I legally allowed to stay till the decision is made ? I almost stayed for 30 days after the denial letter was issued on Feb 10th.

After their decision is made based on the result, If I had to leave, I understand I will have 7 to 10 days to leave the country and get visa stamping ( as the petition is approved).
    Will the Out of status create any issues during the visa stamping?

L1A visa extension - after denial what are the steps

This is follow up question:
    The service request is still pending, one week past. It was created on 25th Feb.
    As you mentioned I will have to wait patiently till I get some response. - What is the typical response time for the service requests. Is there a priority request or everything goes into one pool.
    After they make a decision, If they approve my extension are they going to send a new I797, I already received approved petition i129.

If there is a delay in responding to the service request. As the ticket was created by my company, can they follow up with the USCIS or check the status online for service tickets ?

I would appreciate you can answer the first part , as well as this one.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X