Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 A Visa and Location change

Hi,
    I have landed US six months back with a valid L1A Visa. Now my organization wants me to move to a new location, where a new office will be set up. My attorney advises for a new L1A filing for the location change.
    - Will it be possible to file a new L1A while I am already in this country with a valid L1A?
    - If this is possible, then, if the new application gets rejected will it affect my current L1A Visa?
    - What would be the cost for a new L1A and L2 for my 3 dependents?
    - What would be the cost if I go for a green card?

Appreciate any help.

TIA

Regards
    Sree

L1A Location Change - Related

Hi Sree / Others who may see this..

Could someone guide as to how to proceed / how they proceeded in such a situation.

Did you file for L1A amendment or continued with the original L1A blanket. Did you face any issues at the Port of Entry or at any other time ?

In case you went ahead with the Amendment :
    What category does the amendment fall under ? Is it a Material Change or a Non-Material Change ?
    If the amendment got denied, how does it impact your original Visa ? Are you still allowed to work as per the conditions in the original visa?

Regards,
    P

Comment

Originally posted by prestopraps View Post
      Hi Sree / Others who may see this..

Could someone guide as to how to proceed / how they proceeded in such a situation.

Did you file for L1A amendment or continued with the original L1A blanket. Did you face any issues at the Port of Entry or at any other time ?

In case you went ahead with the Amendment :
      What category does the amendment fall under ? Is it a Material Change or a Non-Material Change ?
      If the amendment got denied, how does it impact your original Visa ? Are you still allowed to work as per the conditions in the original visa?

Regards,
      P
      Did you get answer amendment process for location change in l1-A. How much time it takes for location/client change.

Is it material or non-material change?

How much time and cost involved in this amendment process?

Comment

Check with your attorney about the transfer Memo process. This is something that your company has to issue. Check if they have the rights to do that . In that case you will not require an amendment.

Comment

Originally posted by djsameer2000 View Post
          Check with your attorney about the transfer Memo process. This is something that your company has to issue. Check if they have the rights to do that . In that case you will not require an amendment.
          Hi Sameer,

Can you please elaborate on transfer memo process?

I work in one of the Indian major IT services company. My HR team will issue Deputation/Offer letter when I go to new location/client which will have work location, client name, my role, compensation details etc.

Will that be enough along with approved blanket L1-A petition for changing client & location?

If I have these two documents (approved L1 petition, Deputation letter), there is no need to go to USCIS again for filing amendment when we change client/location in L1A visa?

Please clarify.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by din132 View Post
            Hi Sameer,

Can you please elaborate on transfer memo process?

I work in one of the Indian major IT services company. My HR team will issue Deputation/Offer letter when I go to new location/client which will have work location, client name, my role, compensation details etc.

Will that be enough along with approved blanket L1-A petition for changing client & location?

If I have these two documents (approved L1 petition, Deputation letter), there is no need to go to USCIS again for filing amendment when we change client/location in L1A visa?

Please clarify.

Thanks.
            @djsameer2000.......Can you pls shared your view on this query?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X