Clear All

• L1A Blanket - Validity after Rejoining the sponsoring company

Hi,

Seek expert help here:

Company A
    Visa Type: L1A - Blanket
    Date of Stamping - 21st May 2013
    Status - Handed over 221(g)
    Date of Visa Issued - 16th Sep 2013; Valid Through - 15th Sep 2016.
    Last Working day at Company A - Nov 2013

The company didn't ask to submit my Original Passport or Stamped Visa while exiting.

Now, after working for Company B between Dec-2013 and now, I'm planning to rejoin company A.
    Will my stamped L1A - Blanket Visa still remain valid and can I use it as soon as I rejoin company A?

Regards,
    snbtcca.

L1 visa is granted to those who has worked at least one year abroad continuously of the last three years he has worked in the company from which it was issued immediately preceding his date of admission to US.

So technically you cannot use your visa since you were not with company A continuously for one year before you travel.

See link, https://www.immihelp.com/l1-visa-requirements/

Comment

L1A Blanket - Validity after Rejoining the sponsoring company

Originally posted by appuchan View Post
      L1 visa is granted to those who has worked at least one year abroad continuously of the last three years he has worked in the company from which it was issued immediately preceding his date of admission to US.

So technically you cannot use your visa since you were not with company A continuously for one year before you travel.

See link, https://www.immihelp.com/l1-visa-requirements/
      Thank you appuchan for the response. As per my understanding, abroad here means India. And within last 3 years, I was with company A continuously for the entire period except for the last 3 months. I have no doubts whether I'm eligible for a new Visa to be applied and granted by company A. Prior to coming back to India in March 2011, I was with Company A, in the USA for 3 years.

My question was more towards using my existing stamped Visa. I know that L1A is a company specific visa and gets invalid automatically as soon as I leave the sponsoring company. But Company-A didn't take any actions such as taking my passport, sending it to consulate for invalidation as part of the exit formalities. I know that some companies do invalidate the Stamped Visa and petitions as part of exit formalities.

Regards,
      snbtcca

Comment

Originally posted by snbtcca View Post
        Thank you appuchan for the response. As per my understanding, abroad here means India. And within last 3 years, I was with company A continuously for the entire period except for the last 3 months. I have no doubts whether I'm eligible for a new Visa to be applied and granted by company A. Prior to coming back to India in March 2011, I was with Company A, in the USA for 3 years.

My question was more towards using my existing stamped Visa. I know that L1A is a company specific visa and gets invalid automatically as soon as I leave the sponsoring company. But Company-A didn't take any actions such as taking my passport, sending it to consulate for invalidation as part of the exit formalities. I know that some companies do invalidate the Stamped Visa and petitions as part of exit formalities.

Regards,
        snbtcca
        Yes, you can use the old visa again to work for Company A.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

L1A Blanket - Validity after Rejoining the sponsoring company

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
          Yes, you can use the old visa again to work for Company A.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
          Thank you Raghvi.

Regards,
          snbtcca

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X